1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Branding and Making Memories

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

This morning I was humming a tune, and suddenly cracked my brain about its origin. I finished my cooking, a little cleaning and then a little surfing, but it was niggling and itching away at the back of my brain. (it is a characteristic flaw according to DH, cannot leave things as they are.:hide:) well then it flashed, it is the old vintage (according to me)

khuch khaas hai,hum sabi main,
    khuch baat hain hum sabi main,
    baat hain, khaas hain, swad hain zindagi..
    (a beautifully written jingle kya swad hain zindagi..meaning tastes of life.) does these lines ring a bell if not here is the link,.

Well every time I see a cadbury’s milk chocolate, I tend to see this girl with her natural love of life expressions bringing out a smile always:). Grew up seeing this ad, it was fresh, then a romantic ad at some point.

The next one was the bajaj ad, that has made a come back again. Jab main chota ladka tha,

YOU AND ME in this beautiful world.. the hutch ad.

Well none of us can forget the pug that leaves a virtual pug mark in your heart everytime it comes on the screen…

Today, you need to rope in the la crème of the celebrity to appear in ads.
    Do you think we need celebs to promote a product. A product will definitely speak for itself even without so much hoopla with celebs.(opinions do differ). Look at the new Cadbury that talks about you can enjoy because it is the first of the month (salary day) and the competitor (munch/perk) who goes to say you don’t need the first of the month to enjoy.

Ads are the results of the creative minds work to make them as brands on the viewers or customers memory. I once heard from a girl who worked in one of the agencies, that we the customer is at the end of the chain. In order to brand the memory of the customer, they work on a brand memory identity. The description of the best memory the customer should have of the said brand, and will talk about it and nothing else and is also prepared to pay a little extra.

Well there are lot of ads that are done to make people look stupid, foolish, jealous (remember the paint ad) and the onida beast (not anymore, they have new ambassadors)
    whether we like it or not they have been successful in wiggling in and branding the memory isn’t it. AT the same time we do have very beautifully and aesthetically done ads.
    A salute to all those great ad makers. The number of hours they toil to just get a ad that plays for a 30 second or 1 minute at the maximum.:thumbsup

Enough of these ads and brands, DS was asking me, how come I am not able to remember a few things while you remember them (I was telling him that he used to like that vegetable when he was a small kid..) I did answer him, that his mind was playing tricks and refusing him access to memories he does not want to recollect.

Wouldn’t it be nice if all of us can forget what is not necessary and remember what is necessary, impossible, so let us make something easier, let us make happy memories to be branded. Let us create and cherish the sweet memories, instead of going to the rewind button, let us touch the forward and play buttons more.

Oh god did not want to go this way ..but me being me..

BTW when did the admakers of the
    come and listen to a conversation at home. Every time the ad comes up, I get a SMILE you know from whom.:biglaugh. Do you have such ads??

Are you branding someone ??

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Shanthi,

I loved the way you drifted from good ads to bad ads and then to life itself and finally to the crabtree ad with a mischievous smile - well the smile was quite obvious even on my small laptop screen.

Like those cadbury ads and other ads you have talked about, your blog has also come into our memory. What they did with hours of research and action you were able to do it with a few lines.
    Way to go, Shanthi.
    sridhar

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Ads were great before, with so many varieties and lovely ones. But now it looks like they have lost their creativity. Most of the products do direct competition by answering to their rival’s ads. What about the horlicks and complan ads? I love HDFC ads with the message sir uthake jiyo, they bring in a moment of proud feeling to me… I love that diary milk ads esp. the one where a gal try to open diary milk with mehandi hands…. There are a few ads which I keep close to my mind and some which I detest esp. the gent’s deo ads and 'make your kid a champ' ad.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sridhar,

thanks a lot for your understanding fb.

the smile is something perennial with the person concerned whenever he see that crabtree ad, so much that the kids look at my face now when he is not around too.

memories, are a must in life. i definitely want to leave good ones for the people around. that is what it all boils down to..

thanks once again for the same.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ami,

Let me say I detest, object to some of the ads like the one's you have mentioned. but for a second, hypothetically, the market has all sorts of people.

a negative branding remains effective than a positive branding at time i suppose.

today direct competition is what is a rage. creativity has not gone out of the window ami. have you see the rin soap ad, where there is a inbetween the scene message, of don't go by appearances, i love the boy who confidently says to the person in the car, that it is only a matter of time, before he travels in one. i love that ad for the spirit of the boy. i love the stains are good ad, where the student tries to make the teacher laugh, the brother trying to ease the hurt of the sister..oh..i could go on..

l

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

when i wrote about branding memories, i never knew that making memories was a huge industry, with scrapbook making holding the number one slot.

A small action that we forget could remain as a memory with our children.

A friend of mine linked me to keith urban's lyrics as a comment for this blog. thank you. nothing can be more apt when i talk about making memories.

I'm gonna be here for you baby
    I'll be a man of my word
    Speak the language in a voice that you have never heard
    I wanna sleep with you forever
    And I wanna die in your arms
    In a cabin by a meadow where the wild bees swarm

And I'm gonna love you like nobody loves you
    And I'll earn your trust making memories of us

I wanna honor your mother
    I wanna learn from your pa
    I wanna steal your attention like a bad outlaw
    I wanna stand out in a crowd for you