1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brain drain

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Mar 25, 2010.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Brain drain​
    I was just opening the Internet and was checking the mail. My DH was reading the newspaper sitting in a chair nearby.:coffee

He said,” It seems nowadays you are not posting anything in your favourite site. What happened? “

I said,” Brain drain.”

“Hey! What brain drain has got to do with it? Brain drain has not new to our country. It is going on since a long time. Those IITians and MBAs were always grabbed by the top foreign companies. But now why should you think and worry about it?”

I retorted,”I am talking about my brain. I can’t find any good topic to write even after raking my brain for so many days.”:bonk

“Ha ha ha” he had a good hearty laugh. :biglaugh

He might have been thinking why this lady should worry about brain drain. All along she was only grinding the same flour which was ground (araithamavaiye araikkirathu). She was only rewriting the biographies of alzwar-acharyas and saints of the yester years.

He said aloud,”Have you done with vaishnava azwars and acharyas? If you like I’ll give you one suggestion.”:idea

“Go on. I am all ears” said I.:hiya

“Now why can’t you start writing about the Saivites 63 Nayanmars? You can drag it on for at least 6 months.”:spin

“You and your suggestion! :redface:Already people are fed up with my Religion and Spirituality write ups. :hide:Lots of new youngsters had joined IL and they all have a good control over language and they got lots of pep in their write ups. Having become old I think my brain cells are having a slow death. First I have to revive them. Then I will think about writing.
    I’ll let them take a brake and relax for some time from the boredom of my writeups.”

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Pushpavalli ma'am,

No body is bored with your religious blogs..I came to know many things about our Acharyas only through your blogs..for many of your blogs, one thing for sure, I must say...I am not finding enough time to go through the regular forums I visit, every day..:-(
    Don't do that ma'am, if it rests, it rusts..(as told my Swami Chinmayananda)
    You have enough stuff to write..we are all ears..:thumbsup

sriniketan

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear PS,

You have been doing extremely good with the spiritual stories about the acharyas... It was never boring... It rekindled my old memories... which I have read in my childhood days... I always enjoy reading the Bhaktha Vijayam...

With regards to your so called Brain Drain.... Hahahahahahaha.. you have put it so beautifully... You cant say drain... So much of experience... you can say it is overflowing... so you dont know where to start with... This is acceptable...

Even here you have put it beautifully...

Veda

4. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear pushpa mam

i had blast reading your post. You too have created a Snippets from nothing, there lies the geniuses talent:thumbsup.

I have not read your post about azhavars, but reading this article, i am sure it will be best.

Dont bother about young writers, here in IL, we have lot of space, nobody is competing with anyone, we can enjoy everyones writing.

Keep writing:)

5. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dear Pushpa ji,
    All your posts about acharyas were great. I came to know a lot only through your posts. As I told you earlier, you are doing a great service:thumbsup. Please continue.Though I am not frequently logging in IL due to lack of time, will definitely be regular soon.

best regards,

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear pushpa mam,

I have always looked up to you with awe and inspiration.:thumbsup.
    and love the zeal and sincerity with which you keep posting stories of the great saints ,though i have not read all of them.
    you can never be out of ideas and with the ever helpful PC Sriram behind you,there cannot be any question of brain drain especially from you.:).

7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sriniketan,
    Just below my write up the Ad glares at me saying, " Reclaim your brain." First I have to do that to sharpen my brain and memory.
    Thanks for posting the first comment which is quite inspiring. I still could not forget that you were the one who was instrumental to write Acharya Sri Ramanuja's story.

Being a forum moderator you have extra responsibility besides writing your Kural blog and also your snippets which are quite interesting, I wonder how you manage all these with school going children and also looking after your elderly mil. You are really great.
    Thanks once again,
    Love,
    PS

8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Vysan,
    From the beginning when I started writing in IL Shanthi and you were giving me lot of support and encouragement.
    Though I was not getting many fbs the number of views were quite encouraging.
    I derived satisfaction by writing about those great souls and it gave me a great opportunity to study in detail about them. I should say that I was the most benefited.
    Thanks a lot for your sweet appreciation and continuous support.
    With love,
    PS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Radhika,
    Thank you very much for your appreciating comments.

Dont bother about young writers, here in IL, we have lot of space, nobody is competing with anyone, we can enjoy everyones writing.

You are right. There is no competition and everyone can write as much a they like and all subjects under the sky and even above the sky. (It is our belief that heaven where the Creator resides is above the sky.)
    Thanks for your support and encouragement,
    Love,
    PS

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Sindhuja,
    Glad to hear that you had enjoyed reading my posts. You were always writing encouraging and motivating fbs. Due to lack of time it is not possible to write fb every time as we have lot of contents to go through in IL.
    Hence I do not mind it. Thanks for your continuous support,
    Love,
    PS