1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Brain Boosting Food- Kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by hs2009, Jul 1, 2013.

1. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Hello Mommies,

Can you please suggest food items- fruits, vegetables which I can include in my DD's diet ( she is four years old) for brain development- stronger memory. My DD is not a great eater, we are non vegetarian and she does not have any allergies.

If you do something special like incorporate some ingredients in your child's daily diet please share. This would be helpful to all who refer this thread.

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Himaani anything rich in vitamin E & A is a brain food.like almonds, brahmi....
    I give almonds crushed in paranthas to my son and in roasted form.
    Brahmi is a small plant and the juice of its leaves is said to improve memory.All this is what i have from elders in the family
    Though i personally feel that neurons and its connections are formed while the baby is still inside the womb.So trying to increase them is of no use....
    BUT you can sharpen your memory by repeating or writing down things and also by playing memory improving games.Alot many of it are now available as apps in mobiles too.They help in increasing concentration,memory and also improve our observing powers.

3. hs2009

hs2009 Silver IL'ite

Dinny,

Thank you for replying. I wanted to know if their is anything in particular which can be added to the diet.
    I liked the way you have added almonds in your sons diet.

1 person likes this.