1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Boys or Girls?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by puni88, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Ammukutty

Ammukutty Bronze IL'ite

Hi IL,
    I prefer to have a girl baby...i feel they are more caring & less demanding..i love to dress them up & share my jewels & other stuff with her...i think eventhough the girls are father's pet they have strong bonding with mom also...they realise it more after marriage & the bond becomes strong for ever...but let me wait & see what plans god has made for me.....:-D

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HI SS,
    Whatever god has given me, I have accepted that fact and living with it.
    And not trying to do anything else.... I am happy with what I have right now!!

Regards.

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I too just console myself like this......

4. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

I have a cute little daughter of 2 years(Mittu). In face both me and my hubby wanted a girl and she arrived :) My hubby used to tell me during pregnancy that for our mentality, we should get a daughter. In fact he was confident that we would have a daughter and he would tease me saying how are you and my daughter inside you doing! But then, I would treat kids equal..I would have treated equally had I got a boy too. Nothing about the gender!
    And yes, girls are more attached emotionally to parents. I can see that in myself and my sil (my mil is close to her daughter)...and I see it in my cousins' families too.

Regards,
    Hema

Last edited: Mar 26, 2008
  5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Punitha
    I know girls are always colourful at home.
    I have a son most adorable just wish my DIL will be like a daughter to me I wish to be her mother.
    But both of us should wish the same way let me wait and see if my DIL will be my daughter or my DIL...............

6. sharadha

sharadha Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

I have a son and always preferred to have a girl. Its nice to dress them up as we wish until certain age. At a later point of time when they are in their teens we start worrying that we should get them married at the earliest cos we tend to hear a lot of unwanted things. A girl needs to undergo what all we went thru like the monthly periods, delivery pain and above all she should get a gud understanding husband and good in laws. Moreover if both the children are of the same sex they get along well even when they grow older.

Earlier days girls used to stay in the same city / town so they can come an look after their parents when they grow old or fall ill. But nowadays they live in different parts of the world and you cant expect them to leave their family and come down to help their parents. Possible at times.

Friends, I am not being pessimistic but speaking the reality.

7. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

hi all,

I have a picture perfect family with a boy and a daughter.But even i opine that a girl has to go through much pains in the society than a boy. I dont intend to offend anyone here i might be having such opinion bcos i come from a very conservative family where my parents did not allow me to stay out after 6pm, not allowed me to work outside our city, had to wear only chudidars etc. THats all ok but i feel howmuchever we may contradict or how much ever may the society grow, a girl has to face some kind of agony or atleast that uncertainty is there till she settles in life,
    just my 2 cents

8. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

My dear dear friends

thank u for understanding my feelings.........

..and SS u r right......'.I wonder if parents who have only boys feel the absence of their kids more than the parents who have only girls. Just because girls are more likely to maintain the same closeness and concern for their parents as they had before marriage whereas men tend to drift and get engaged into their own world.

i have only one son.........:cry::cry::cry:.........he is very wild and rough already...i dont know...what can i expect from him in later stage.......ofcourse he is too small now.....so cant able to decide anything...........iam v much worried that i dont have daughter .....i feel like iam loosing something in life......

9. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Dearest Lata,

Oh c'on don't feel bad that you are missing something by not having a daughter. Not at all dear.

Although girls seem more attached to the parents, how many of us can claim to be there for them when they need us? Not many. I think your case is different since you are actually able to do a lot for your parents.

But look at so many of us who live oceans apart, have responsibility towards our own family and so in spite of feeling like doing a lot for our parents, we are not able to do it. And our parents are just happy knowing that we think about them so much!

Our generation will be different in the way that we all will have to learn to fend for ourselves from the beginning itself. If you ask our senior citizens here who have grown up sons and daughters, you will see that most of them have learnt to live on their own without the support of their kids (be it boy or girl).

Our case will be similar or even one step ahead. We will have to start exercising this self-reliance from an early stage. So it does not matter much whether we have all girls, or all boys or one of each. It is just for our own satisfaction rather than any true benefit.

Just the way I think. May or may not hold true for everyone.

So the whole point about writing this story is that don't you feel bad about not having a daughter. Your son will be as good as any daughter could be. He has such a sweet mama, why would he not be sweet also? :)

SS

10. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi

I like both of them only thing I wish is to be a healthy baby. My first one had so much problem. Now wishing to hv a healthy second baby ... boy or girl ......:!: but not
    happening.

veen