1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Boys or Girls?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by puni88, Jul 7, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Re: Boys or girls??

Hi,
    I know girls are always fun to be around. Especially when you want to dress up and the girl is not so interested, it is always fun.

I have to admit that my daughter is so cute when she is not dressed up or put lipstick or atleast even powder. If I do put her make up she is not so pretty.

So I dress up so casually. And as it is it is difficult to find dresses for the boys. Though my son is just 2 years old I am still finding it difficult to get dress for him, same old shorts tshirt etc etc

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello,
    I feel very sorry for myself because I end up shopping girl dress for neighbour's daughters. Whenever myself and my husband see a girl baby it reminds that we don't have girl. I will be very happy to hear if somebody had a girl baby.

~Punitha

3 people like this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi,

As long as they are healthy and happy there is not much difference. I have a boy and girl. both are equally lovable and demanding. So there is not much of preferences running here. but my-in-laws for a change pamper my daughter more than my son.

love,
    shanthi

1 person likes this.
  4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I have a baby girl...she is very cute and naughty...wherever she goes she is the major attraction...We are very proud that we have a daughter... Even my parents also had two daughters, me and my younger sister... but they never showed any unhappiness that we are girls and whenever someone tells my mother about having only two girls, she tells what is the difference between a boy and a girl... both are born with the mother taking the same pain...

I am happy that I have a baby girl... I love dressing her up...like to shop for girl's dresses and other fancy items...

We have decided that we will have only one baby.... So we have her now... She will be our sweety always!!!!

:)Cheers
    Manju

5. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Puni

Beleive me.........i jus now saw this thread.and replying imm.........i have a v severe thought of starting the thread in the same name.........but nor for these reasons......which u recd as reply.........

I have 9 yrs old boy.........and we already planned to have only one.........boy or girl whoever may be..........no idea for second.........but now-a-days i feel like i shld have one girl child. .........seeing the present situation in families........

Yes.........is not girls are more concerned to parents than boys?????????........boys only upto certain age........they are attached to parents.........like girls they cannot understand all the feelings of parents...........he wont be too senti or emotional............iam not saying boys are v selfish.........forget their responsibilties.........etc.....but , after wedding........some are changing...........or after they grow ..they change........

Onceagain i would like to tell that iam not against makle child or balme him for anythig........even in my fmily, my males cousins and my hubby takes care of his parents with v good respect and utmost care..i dont deny that........BUT IAM TALKING ABOUT SOME SORT OF MENTAL ATTACHMENT...........

I think.we feel most comfortable with girl child than male child.........

We are 3 sister....dont have brothers...........i lost my father also .after brief illness........we didnt allow him to suffer for anything.....we gave him royal treatment..........whereas my friends FIl.who suffers with ageing and also with some disease......have only one male child.........he also treats him v good but still not like we treat our father...........something is missing there...........and now .we are keeping outr mother like PRINCESS........i am feeling....what will be her position if she has male child....will he allow us to kee p pur mother............i cant imagine........here also iam seeing one case...........my cousin's cousin mother is now with her daughter ( she has 1 and only son and 2 daughters).............that son though willing to keep his mother with him....she is not able to continue with him.....since her DIL not cooperating.........she wanst her MIL (70) to do all chores.........and this old lady struggled with her..and atlast came to her daughter..........( she is keeping her MIL also v nicely)..but that son didnt advice his wife to take care of his mother...........he is silent......

Iam i confusing u.............

hope u got my message.........

iam confused .......am i simply getting tensed.........??/

pls pour ur opinions here.

Puni sorry for using ur thread........

1 person likes this.
  6. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Latha,
    I 100% agree with you.
    Girls are more attached to parents. Boys are always less attached compared to girls.

Regards.

1 person likes this.
  7. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi puni & others

I (we both)always wanted a girl & got one. :bowdown:bowdown.... My cutie pie is amma ponnu. Always always wants amma. She is my world.
    I am very attached to my niece. She is so sweet & very attached to both us (myself & my DH,) she is such a darling & cutie pie. When I was pregnant I was thinking abt her all time. She came to my baby shower & was hugging my big belly all the time, talking & kissing.
    After my delivery my sis "hey u got ur samitha(thats my niece's name)". We love her a lot.

My mil doesn't have a girl so she was praying to have a grand daughter. My lil one looks lot lottttt like my mil. Now she is eagerly waiting to meet her GD.

They all r cute :kiss & naughty.

Dhivya

8. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

Enjoyed reading all the FBs.

Latamurali, I perfectly know what you are saying. You are right on the mark.

I have one of each. Just like all moms, I love both of them equally. My son is a very "attached" kind of a boy so right now they are both equally affectionate and clingy.

Somewhere though, I wish I had the courage to have another baby, a girl, to give my daughter a lifelong soulmate! That's not happening though. I can manage only two! :)

My sisters are my lifelong "rock" and even though I never tell them this in words we know that we will always be there for each other no matter what. Same goes with my parents. We still talk to each other like we used to before my marriage. For us, anything under the sun is worth conversing about. The distance and separate life post marriage has not impacted this at all.

I tend to agree that due to their inherent soft and nuturing nature girls seem to be more attached and emotionally more tuned to their parent's needs, especially as the parents grow older. Although our generation is trying to be very self-reliant right now itself in terms of emotional support, but we will surely love to be enquired about affectionately and caringly when we grow old.

I wonder if parents who have only boys feel the absence of their kids more than the parents who have only girls. Just because girls are more likely to maintain the same closeness and concern for their parents as they had before marriage whereas men tend to drift and get engaged into their own world.

Hey Puni, I am not writing this to make you long for a girl even more :). Just thinking aloud..

SS

Last edited: Mar 21, 2008
  9. kavya007

kavya007 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I prefer a boy. After my delivery I realized that girls have to go through much more mental and physical suffering then boys. I would not like to see my child go through the same suffering. So I prefer a boy.

Thanks,
    Kavya.

10. guntupallisri

guntupallisri New IL'ite

Hi

I always wanted to have at least one girl and i was really anxious when i was pregnant that i might have only boys. But luckily i have two daughters. i always envy when i see two sisters. i usually see that they become lifelong soul mates. i hope my daughters will have that kind of relationship and i can leave this world with peace.