Boutique at home

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by mohanajagannathan, Jul 17, 2007.

1. mohanajagannathan

mohanajagannathan New IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Recently i have started a boutique in my home . The idea is to have exclusive collection of various products for ladies which are unique.I shall be glad to receive your ideas on specific products suiting this theme and also suggest resources any such useful tips.

Looking forward to all your valuable inputs.

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Please buy a hanging rod and hangers for displaying the dresses, else it would be really pain folding them.
    Make sure with the customer about the trails, return policy etc.
    Advertise your products as much as possible.
    Thats all for now, I will keep posting as and when I remember.

All the best,
    Punitha

3. mohanajagannathan

mohanajagannathan New IL'ite

suggestions on Boutique

Dear all,
    I have been little busy all these days after my return from US to Chennai ,India,planning to start an exclusive women's boutique.I have conceptualized the idea in a pilot level.

I shall be happy to welcome your views and suggestions with regard to the contents for the boutique which will be an exclusive one for women.Welcome ideas relating to unique products and their sourcing.

Looking forward to all your valuable suggestions.
    thanks,
    regards,

Mohana jagannathan :wave

4. sush04

sush04 New IL'ite

hello Mohana..
    We girls love it when we find some thing different..in case of dresses. So see that you have stuff which is different from that of others. If you display skirts, see that you have the matching tops also. Because as far as I am concerned, I find it really difficult to find matching tops on skirts. I am not wearing some skirts because I didn't find nice tops for them :(
    Sush

5. idivya

idivya New IL'ite

Hi Mohana,

I have a boutique in hyderabad which i have started recently. im working from home. i have noticed that these days people prefer more of handloom sarees with a heavy designer blouse. Pure zari kotas, chanderi, uppadas, coimbatore seikos, are in vogue today.

All the Best

Divya

6. alwiyain

alwiyain New IL'ite

hello every one am alwiya from erode. i am desperate to open a boutique at home in ma place (erode). please it will be very helpful if someone give me valuble advice and ideas to start . i have a capital of 50,000 rs to invest. is it enough to start off??? any body if interested to sell salwars n gagra cholis in whole sale rate please contact me.

7. anjuonnet

anjuonnet New IL'ite

u have started off..i am frm coimbatore...i wanted to know few details....

8. sowmya4

sowmya4 Bronze IL'ite

Hellooo Ladies,

I'm Sowmya, I organise Exhibitions in & around bangalore. If any of you intrested in Coming down to Bangalore &
    selling your stuff at the exhibitions send me a PM and we'll take it forward from there.

Sowmya

9. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

hi alwiya,.

I am from Gobi, near erode and i commute to bangalore through erode every month.. IO was looking for a good tailor @ both erode and bangalore but all my efforts ended up in vain..

It would be great if you could let know your details.. I would like to try your boutiue.

Kindly share your email via PM so that we can discuss more.. Probably i can refer a few customers for you from my office network/.

10. Chinnu16

Chinnu16 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

we are wholesalers of exclusive branded/non branded desginer sarees,salwas suits and Kurtis.

Please contact me via PM if anyone of you are interested, so that I can share more details.

Thanks,
    Chinnu