1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Bottled water/Filter water/Tap water- What do you use?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Jithiks, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hello Alaivani,

Thanks a lot for your inputs about the filtered/tap water. You are absolutely right about the expiry date on the plastic water bottles.

Cheers
    Krithika

2. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Neets,

Brita ultramax is indeed excellent for filtering and definitely improves the taste & quality for drinking and cooking. Me too, use this along with 2 other PUR water filters.

Thanks for sharing your opinion here.

Cheers
    Krithika

3. AdamHart

AdamHart New IL'ite

4. psr1981

psr1981 New IL'ite

Hi Folks
    I stay in Parsippany NJ. I am looking for bottled water for drinking . Kindly suggest me options like filling it from Gas stations or malls. Where can I find one in Parsippany NJ.

Pradeep

5. kanvitha

kanvitha Senior IL'ite

hiii we use deerpark bottled water it tastes realy good and addicted to this we cant take tap water and i thank you all for sharing such a useful things here

6. Parukutts

Parukutts Bronze IL'ite

we use brita filter and tap water for all other purposes.

7. bloomworld

bloomworld New IL'ite

If we have to compare which one to choose between we have to check the purity levels of the three.
    The bottled water may not be pure and we are not sure how to is purified( if really done). Even the contact with plastic may contaminate the water in it
    Tap water is totally an unsure option because even if it is purified, the pipis it flows till the tap may pollute the same. Even the source and level of treatment is not known
    Filter water: If it is filtered and purified at home you can be sure of because the level of purity is in your knowledge.
    "

8. bloomworld

bloomworld New IL'ite

If we have to compare which one to choose between we have to check the purity levels of the three.
    The bottled water may not be pure and we are not sure how to is purified( if really done). Even the contact with plastic may contaminate the water in it
    Tap water is totally an unsure option because even if it is purified, the pipis it flows till the tap may pollute the same. Even the source and level of treatment is not known
    Filter water: If it is filtered and purified at home you can be sure of because the level of purity is in your knowledge.
    "

9. bloomworld

bloomworld New IL'ite

"

10. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

hi @bloomworld single message in three posts?
    any way we use RO purifier for drinking and tap water for other purposes . the taste of water is good. yes we can make the difference between in flowed water and purified water.
    I don't trust the bottled water. especially in india (don't know about US)I can some times see green algea on the bottom of the bottle.

1 person likes this.