Bottle Gourd(Gheya/Lauki) Juice for Weight loss!

Discussion in 'Delhi & NCR' started by littledaisy, Jul 25, 2012.

1. littledaisy

littledaisy Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I had heard a lot about drinking Bottle Gourd(Gheeya/Lauki/Dudhi) juice empty stomach early morning for Weight Loss!
    I even saw my friend doing that and she lost around 18 kgs in 3-4 months.

I was just planning to start doing that but was unsure if that will really help! Has anyone tried it before? If yes, is it advisable to mix it with any other sweet fruit or not since I feel drinking bottle gourd juice alone will be a sort of difficult option because of its tasteless flavor...is it ok if I mix it with say apples or grapes or any other fruit?

Are there any other precautions to be taken with this and how many hours of break to be given for taking breakfast after drinking this juice?

Thanks.

2. MansiS

MansiS Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Yes It's true it helps in weight loss.
    Also,Other benefits of having bottle gourd juice are:-

1. Eating bottle gourd helps in curing urinary disorders by having the above juice.If one is suffering from high acidity or burning sensation then by drinking this juice one can combat the problem.
    2. Problems like diarrhea can be solved by drinking its juice.
    3. Drinking bottle gourd juice with salt keeps one refreshed and cool during summer.
    4. If you are suffering from any digestive problem or if one is diabetic then bottle gourd juice can help the diseased person.
    5. Dietary fiber present in the bottle gourd helps in constipation, flatulence and even piles.
    6. Juice of bottle gourd helps in breaking calculus (stone) in the body.

1 person likes this.
  3. anggir

anggir New IL'ite

thats true..... but not tried.... but wl start taking soon..................