1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Borrowing Stuff From Neighbours

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by sanjuruby3, Sep 8, 2022.

1. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Maybe they are imagining that their floors are made out of gold :astonished:

2. sociallifein30s

sociallifein30s Gold IL'ite

getting an excitement or thrill when they borrow things .. seems about right. It is just one of these things that makes us weary and even the people who sincerely need things also might not come to us.
    Few bad people spoil it for everyone.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I liked this post of people sharing or venting out about "such" neighbors. In india people are stubborn, they do not care if others do not want to lend stuff or they hurting sentiments. but here it is different.
    We have neighbour in india who never gives but always asks or mostly asks. She has lot of wealth but also stinging on small small things.
    Asking for lock/keys..and not giving back till 6 months. When asking to return, oh i had already given back..
    then coffee, sugar, conditioner (can u believe conditioner) because her indian DIL visited from outside country and likes to use conditioner so she borrowed from neighbors wow... DIL wants to drink coffee so she wants 2 spoons coffee so parents gave her full sealed new bottle, and she use bit and return back half bottle... Consideration to return new bottle..no
    And ladder story ... whole neighborhood borrowed and never returned and infact one ladder was lost in the way. and with one ladder at my parents roof, thieves came and used it to sneak into some other neighbors house ( rooftops are connecting in india right,)

Then I do not expect such behavior in US. Irony is - such people are very social. and have lot of friends. People like me crib, and come to IL to vent out and avoid, rather than being strong enough to say no in the beginning itself.

Now once i have become familiar with nature, i might say no ,but feel like got exploited a lot.
    So I guess, specially people who migrated to US, had some struggles, its are practical. They socialize for same.

They just see people are some item and see what usage can be made out of them.. They might treat them candy in the beginning. like If she has ladder, i can borrow that, If she can take care of kids wow..
    If she has van or truck, I can use that
    We all do that but there is limit.