1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Borrowed Time

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by nandinimithun, Aug 1, 2011.

1. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Whatever happened has happened for good
    whatever is happening is also happening for Good.Whatever will happen shall also be good.What have you lost that you cry for?
    What did you bring, that you have lost?
    What did you create, that was destroyed?
    What you have taken has been from Him.
    What you gave has been given from Him.
    What belongs to you today, belonged to someone else yesterday,
    It will belong to someone else ‘s tomorrow…..” Thus goes the very well known verse from the holy book of gita.

I feel it is a mantra we need to keep repeating to ourselves so that we know we are all here on borrowed time. We live here on borrowed conditions, under borrowed circumstances and then one day we leave it all and go, to the one who allows us this borrowed time on earth. Yet we get so attached to what we claim is ours … is it really ours? Was it ever ours in the first place?

So then the question arises how can I lead an authentic life? Can I lead an authentic life on this borrowed time? To do so one has to recognize themselves and deeply and completely. . One must know enough about oneself to be able to recognize what is truly coming from the heart and is genuinely a self motivated action or decision and that motivation has to come internally and from deep within.

Often even after achieving goals we set for ourselves we find we feel empty and there is something missing. There is no contentment. Maybe there is no internal motivation that fulfills the real true need .There should be awareness, a self awareness that makes one true to the present…not what I used to be in the past or who will I be in the future, for me both the things are not of much importance. Because yesterday is buried and gone, and tomorrow is a vision which will happen What is it right now that makes me happy and content….? It is the present, the happiness of the now as am writing this for my blog, this moment is present. I might save this draft later or publish immediately which I don’t know and which is future for me.

According to me, Discovering what is true about one’s self, embracing the positive and negative aspects, making choices and finding situations that allow expression of who a person truly is contributes to living an authentic life that works…Maybe then the borrowed time we live on becomes something worthwhile …something that lets us let go of it with happy thoughts. Make the most of this borrowed time for as they say …you never know …tomorrow may never be yours. Make the most of the present and live life to the fullest extent without any regrets. You don’t have to be an angel to anyone, but don’t be a devil……………

Be blessed:)

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Dear Nandi,

Self Analysation will always bring good results and it is a motivation to all the humans. Borrowed time you have to spend time to work towards to achieve your goal.Time allocation of doing the job to fetch a good result, Do not disturb others and not hurt by way of communication or through conversation surely will bring the human quality to the lime light of the individual life. Finally the mindset and keep and find happy moments is always in human hands. A good analysation made by you with a good blog name.

3. nandinimithun

hi sree,

very true self analysing is very important for every individual. Positive mindset with flooded with simple and gud thoughts are always nice :)

4. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Dear Nandini, I loved your blog post.

The cry of 'Kastvam? Koham? Kuta ayatah?' (Who are you, who am I, whence have we come from?) is as old as sentience itself. Your writing about the inner motivation fueling our need to achieve is so true, and at the same time, its so necessary to sustain a sense of where we're at, where we're heading, and simply being mindful of it all for we have limited time with us is so spot on. Simply chasing accomplishments for the sake of it is at times futile in the bigger picture, like you so beautifully point out.

I've just discovered your blog, and I'm enjoying all your posts, please keep them coming! :)

5. nandinimithun

hi dhaanika,

first of thank u for loving my post. I believe that this is a short life what we have and in that we need to analyse who we really are and just live for the moment.
    Sure will keep writing and hope u enjoy reading my posts :) :)