1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Born with a silver spoon

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

[JUSTIFY]Every child in this world is born with an agenda of his/her own. Even though they didn’t have the right to choose their parents, to a certain extent their life is customized to pursue their desires. They spend a lot of time thinking about their unfulfilled desires while spending time in the mother’s womb. They also clearly understand all their past actions and the consequences of such actions to be faced by them soon after their birth. That is the reason why they come into the world crying. The scientific world describes the reason for that cry as a sign of hunger. In simple terms, when their human form is in formulation stage, they continue to enjoy the benefit of formless by remembering all their encryption. Once they are born in human form, all their previous lives are forgotten and they enter the world of forgetfulness from the world of awareness. In simple terms, a child is born mindless with zero thoughts and is in a blissful state. That is why when we look at a new born baby, we feel extremely elevated and happy.

As the infants begin to construct thoughts and feelings, they form their own desires and when they put them into actions, their mind begins to form. The mind transforms itself into making the children believe that they are a separate entity and has come into the world to pursue their independent desires and the process of dualism begins. When awareness provides full knowledge to the individual, the forgetfulness enables individual to conduct day to day life with no fear of consequences and with the confidence that the mind is in control of all situations. The mind hurts when it faces pain and feels elated when it faces pleasure. The pleasure and pain are the feelings of the mind and bench-marked against its own expectations. Once the individual elevates over the mind, pleasure and pain make no difference.

All children develop their passions to fulfill their desires as they grow and there is no point in them resisting it. In fact, parents while teaching morals and values to their children should also help them how to explore themselves to find their passions. While the children develop their will power to fulfill their passions, the power of discrimination should give them direction as to how to develop them with the right attitude. The mind has many roles to play and therefore, it is important to teach the children how to discipline the mind. The mind could become a great tool to develop character or a weapon of mass destruction.

The children should be educated to train their mind to control itself and control the senses. One way to do it is to train them to associate their mind with noble thoughts and actions such as praising of the good, learning more and more to develop a good character and serving the fellow beings that are in need of help. We should ask them to practice good spiritual disciplines in life to control the mind and senses. While they should be trained self-preservation techniques, we should train them to discover themselves as much as they discover the world. We should constantly tell them that outside world is merely a reflection of the world inside of them and it is constructed for them according to their thoughts, desires, feelings, emotions and so on.

More they learn to explore themselves, they learn how to explore the world. Their divine consciousness has unlimited resources that are necessary for them to achieve their goals in life. When we train them to acquire linguistic, science, math, history, geography, social and moral skills, let them also be trained to look into their own thoughts, feelings, emotions, words and actions. There is a saying that instead of giving fish to someone who is hungry, it is better to teach him how to do fishing. The children who are trained to explore themselves will not only be disciplined but also become great decision makers and become a role model for other children. If their objective is to move from forgetfulness to awareness, it does not happen merely by studying the world but by studying our thoughts, feelings, emotions and connecting them with the opportunities that unfold in front of them. Discovering themselves is an exercise through which the Truth is revealed to them. All children are born with a silver spoon and all we need to do is to train them how to use it.

(These are thoughts that came to me when I was thinking about what should be the objective and curriculum to teach morality and character building to the children).
    [/JUSTIFY]

9 people like this.

2. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viswamitra,

A very good one. Every parent should read this....parents play a big role in training children to look into their own thoughts and in building a good character.

Syamala

1 person likes this.
  3. Viswamitra

Dear Syamala,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to this post and for your appreciation. I am also looking forward to responses from other parents who could help me develop this thought.

Viswa

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    What about grandparents who have very little role in bringing up their grandchildren? You know how we are being criticised for our indulgence by my children!
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  5. BharadwajThiru

BharadwajThiru Silver IL'ite

Dear Viswa
    Another thought provoking narration from you.

I read a book some years ago that said that when young children suddenly laugh out or smile (even in their sleep) it is really a vision they continue to have of their friends in the nether world.

I have heard it said that this is Hanuman manifesting in the dreams of children to show some antics that make them laugh.

1 person likes this.
  6. Viswamitra

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

As long as you are not joining hands with your granddaughters to gang against your daughter (who is a wonderful parent and a fine human being), you are a nice grandfather. You already have the credit as a father for what you found within the parenthesis above. You letting your children to handle the art of raising their children is an indication that you not only have the confidence in your children but also have confidence in your upbringing of your children.

You only have the right to love and be loved by the grandchildren. Seriously, even though values remain the same, the method of upbringing changes from time to time and it is better to live it to the judgment of the parents. But, in your case, I am reluctant to isolate you as a regular grandparent who has only the right to love and be loved by grandchildren, having read many of your posts that helped me learn so much about self-exploration. If you are a wonderful tool to learn from, for a man at the age of 60, I am pretty sure you could be a great source of inspiration for your grandchildren.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Dear Bharadwaj,

Thank you for reading this post and for your kind words. I have heard about Lord Krishna showing flowers to the children that makes the children smile. It does not matter who it is. Bottom line is, they do have glimpses their formless life and longing for that. That might be the reason why learned people say that everyone will eventually long for immortal living and bliss.

Viswa

1 person likes this.
  8. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

good post . Parents are the good teachers to any child.

9. Viswamitra

Dear Vathsala,

Thank you for reading and responding to this post.

Viswa

10. Angellic

Angellic IL Hall of Fame

Wonderful post Vishwa sir:thumbsup...

Always love reading your post...

You sounds more like my dad... my dad always thought me the same and being a teacher, I do the same to my kids too...Good read sir :)

1 person likes this.