1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Boredom busters!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda
    I have seen quite a few such cases in my own circle here and now Kamalji too affirms it! If both are goodlooking, then there is no problem about 100% agreement on all issues and finally ending up looking alike! But if one is strikingly goodlooking and other is not, why try to even out on looks? The chances are by looking alike, both might be losers!
    I make sure that no heavy karandies are used in my house!
    Sri

2. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Sri,

You are one of the naughiest guys i have come across.:goodidea:

Super blog,and i was laughing all the way.Thanks for reducing my cholestrol levels.Regards.kamal

3. Cheeniya

Dear Kamalji
    You'll have to wait till you reach 64 to become as naughty as I am! Naughtiness takes off like a SLV rocket the moment you reach 60!
    Sri

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri Sir
    Very enjoyable article on “oodal” and “koodal”!
    It was humorous how you keep riling your wife on and on till you leave the house...that to just to get rid of your boredom! That is some innovation! I am sure your peers (men) will crown you king for being so brave to invite your wife’s wrath!
    Well now I know why my husband keeps picking on my cooking; if not on something I did not do! I always crib that he never focuses on things that I did! How could he, now that I know he had been longing for an “oodal” all along! Revelation indeed!
    I used to enjoy picking a quarrel while we lived in India! The “koodal” part always involved a dinner outside, or ice cream, or a new saree! But here I stopped because I don’t much relish the bland stuff most American restaurants pass off as food, ice cream is plenty everywhere, and buying western outfits don’t hold the same charm of buying a sari(to me)!
    So I have written off my rights to pick “oodals”!
    Note: I too read that man and wife start resembling each other; what a scary thought!
    Responding to your other note: I don't recall seeing the movie, "My Left Foot". I will watch it Sir!

2 people like this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Anna

Hilarious post which I enjoyed about Oodal and Koodal. You know I am an obedient person. So I never fight with anyone not even with my dh. Enjoyed reading all the fbs.

6. Cheeniya

Dear Kamala
    My wife knows that I am only a 'needle cracker' (oosi pattasu) and not a can of RDX that terrorists carry like a lunch box! She lets me do all the shouting and perhaps laughs her heart out the moment I am out of sight. But seriously, I have explained my suggestion more in detail in my postscripts.
    Your fear at the prospect of husbands and wives looking alike appears genuine but the comforting thought is that it happens only after decades of remaining together but by that time the physical attraction for each other matters very little. When that happens, looking alike holds no threat whatsoever. This is an age when a close feeling of companionship becomes the overwhelming need.
    Please do see 'My left foot' You'll love it.
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Viji
    Fighting occasionally is a good exercise for nurturing our relationship in a healthy fettle like walking or jogging for our body. There is nothing wrong in it.
    Sri

8. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Shall I tell my analysis about why couples look alike...some couples, not all. It can apply both to husband and wife. No gender biased.To please the other one....one of them starting reacting in the same way over things....any reaction.if he/she likes some one same welcoming expression...they copy the expressions of the spouse. So, over years what happens is that it becomes a habit and they start looking like alike..atleast expression wise.

9. Cheeniya

Dear Shyamala
    I did mention a similar reason in my thread but I should say that you are more to the point about it. You can understand that older people tend to overstate things and also be repetitive! Thanks a lot for participating in my Rambling. I feel rejuvenated!
    Sri

10. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That was simply hilarious. Talking of couples who start looking like each other after a decade, BH and I started off on that note (to believe one of the effusive guests who attended our wedding). When she came up to wish us after the wedding ceremony, she was so overwhelmed, she gave me her loveliest of smiles and told me "You are so well matched. You look like brother and sister"!!!!!! Huh?????!!!!!

I agree with you. Where there is no difference, there is only indifference. :)

2 people like this.