1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

boost confidence in kids

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by amnilakshmi, Mar 13, 2014.

1. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi,

My son is 6 years old. Recently i find that he is not at all confident. whatever the teacher asks he says i dont know. Even if i ask him something he first says i dont know then he thinks and answers back. Not only that even if he knows the answer he starts crying and then only tries to reply.
    Please tell me how to solve this. Could sending him for a class (summer class) help. There are no kids near my house to play with. I have no option as mine is a own house....

If classes can help, please suggest something which can help boost his confidence levels.

2. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

You can do a lot at home to boost his confidence.

1. Always encourage him to do things and then appreciate his effort not necessarily the result.

2. Whenever he is right or doing things accordingly verbally encourage and point out how proud you are of him and his abilities.

3. Don't focus SO much on the faults or short comings. Encourage him to try again.

4. When ever you question him don't take "challenging" tone of voice. Ask as if you are sure he know the answer.

5. Point out when he knows the answer that-- see you knew it...don't be afraid just answer...its ok if you don't know, its not a big deal.