booking flight tickets to parents

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by mirrorimage, Feb 5, 2016.

1. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

my parents are coming to US to look after me during delivery .They stay in Bangalore and already are travelling so much going to hyderabad attending interview..they are not very travel types of person..everything is new...
    somehow the rates from chennai is low than Bangalore..five thousand difference.
    since my husband is from chennai ,he is wants my parents to go to chennai to board flight...
    But somehow I dont want to really trouble them.I want them to board flight from bangalore itself..but my husband is really not listening..
    Its such a bad situation...they have to carry all luggage and everything to Chennai and board the flight...
    I am trying to make him understand.Let them be comfortable while coming..why travel to chennai and wait for my FIL and take a flight from there.
    they are old ..somehow he feels its wastage of money to spend when it comes to my parents...

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

If his only concern is 5000 rs,, then tell him this month u guys r sacrificing eating out and movies, to compensate that amount.

but if he wants his parents to be visited before ur parents come ur home, tell they visit later after taking gifts from US. That is after ur delivery only

sindmani likes this.
  3. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

10,000 rupees for two people is less than $200. What is the cost of the help your parents are providing? Ask your husband to think what you would pay if you had to hire a nanny, buy food from outside and get a cleaning lady for those months had you been alone.
    Your parents should leave from their home city.

4. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

i wouldn't ask like that as I feel it is disrespectful towards parents(even referring in their absence) . Some day same can be told to his parents, will he takes it without offending.

5. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

Thank you everyone.With soft tone I sort of praised him and made him understand it cheap to do this.He finally was like "ok this time I am booking from Bangalore,from next time its going to be from Chennai..".I dint speak anything as I got what I wanted for my parents for now.

1 person likes this.
  6. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Wishing safe delivery for you and happy stay for your parents