1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Book Challenge 2011

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

There are no words to describe the immense success of our last thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/book-lovers/81668-book-challenge-2010-a.html, because the participation you guys have bestoyed upon it shows it!

A long lost hobby or a newly created interest, I am sure the thread has touch us and our reading habits in a good way I am sure, and no one (I hope) wishes to throw thzt away, so let us not lose our momentum and take forward the challenge to a next step in this new year!!

Increase the number of books you challenge your-self with, indulge in reading new authors and geners or well simply speading the reading habit to others, all seems like a good action plan for the year. Come on, let the habit not diminish with our fat lives! What say?

P.S : For any newbies who haven't started to take the challenge seriously, its never too late to start. So come join us to at the wonderful world of books and here are the guideline :

1. The challenger can make his/her own choice of number of books, he/she wants to complete.

2. The challenger can post here, only if he/she is done with the book and not at any stage of book reading.

3. The books can be of any language

4. It can be fiction or non-fiction or self - improvement, anything really except ofcourse cartoon books, comics, magazines and weeklys.

5. We, the contenders follow the numbering here.
    For ex: If Ms.A makes a entry of her 4th book, then the book name should be preceded by number four.

6. Also, please mention the name of the author too - that way all others could know more about the book too.! Adding in a 2 line description also lets others to understand what you are reading and well, who knows you might be sharing the same interests!

7. If the book is a re-read, it should be a year ago. We dont want the same book names repeated right?

1 person likes this.

Similar Threads
    1. prathibhahp
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. upfsabari
      Replies:
      Views:
    3. lampdeepa
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Count me in Gayatri. My target is to read 58 books this year(one more than last year).
    Will put in my list soon.
    luv,
    vidya

3. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

I would like to join too. I have followed your 2010 list with great interest and have compiled my own list from them. I will try to read 50 books this year (one per week). I read much more than that last year but given my obsession for reading, I dont want it to take over my regular life.

luvs
    shyamals.

4. saktips

saktips Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I would like to join you all here in book challenge. I am a slow reader. I will try to read 30 books this year. Soon will share the list. Bye.

5. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Gayathri I am so glad to see this thread. Count me in.
    My quest is 52 weeks - 52 books. Let the reading begin!!!

6. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Happy to start my book count.
    1. K-Pax - Gene Brewer
    It is about a psychiatric patient who claims to be an alien from the planet K-PAX. He appears perfectly sane except for this claim. He has even given the date of his return and insists that he will go home that day. As the date approaches the staff and patients don't know what will happen on that day. Is K-Pax real?

Very well written book. Great book to start this year's list.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

gayathri,

I sometimes read 3/4 books a week and there are days i read just 1. so no challenge.but i do pick some books from all the list.

Like today, i did not know k-pax was a book adaptation until i read the post by aparna. i have watched the movie.

1. recently finished the men who killed gandhi..actually this book was picked up by son, and he pestered me to read it so that we could both discuss a few things..it was interesting. though a old book, it has been reinvented, with new pictures and anecdotes.. it is a documentary/ research work where the facts about Gandhi’s assassination are being unraveled..the book is a treasure in the sense it has a few rare pictures and does give an unbiased look into things that led to the assasination.
    the effort to put across the honest unbiased attempt at unfolding the facts by Manohar Malgonkar is worth appreciating.

The Men Who Killed Gandhi: Manohar Malgonkar: UB Books Buy The Men Who Killed Gandhi India: - Infibeam.com

2. Currently reading the the Living master series.. Kindle my heart by Gurumayi Chidvilasananda..
    Amazon.com: Kindle My Heart (9780911307306): Gurumayi Chidvilasananda: Books

8. narmadaysr

narmadaysr Bronze IL'ite

Great to see the new link and people are on toes already gud gud...
    Let me commit what I target infront of all.....
    I want to double my last year target. That was 20 last year and it should be 40 this year. Still much less than Gayatri and Vidya... :).

Here is my first entry
    1) An Unacceptable Offer - Mary Balogh

I wish you all break your own records and read more books and have alots of fun.
    Have a great day
    Narmada

9. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

gr8 start narmada!!!
    i havent even finished a single buk i started this year..nor am i reading anything currently..need solid motivation to be in the challenge this year :)
    all the best to all the challenger ILs..:)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  10. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

here is my debut

1. Practice makes perfect
    2. Just the sexiest man alive

both by Julie James. Like her way of writing, and law as the story theme makes it very interesting to read as well.

shyamals.