Bonding With Friends While Staying Home!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by nuss, May 13, 2020.

1. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

It has been two months since most of us have been working from home. While it has been a good bonding time (albeit stressful) with the family, how are you all keeping up with friends?

We are fortunate to have wonderful friends. It warms my heart to know that the friends we made 4 years ago in our new place are just as wonderful as our old friends. We are three families, two of us have kids of same age and third couple is DINK. We do Friday night virtual happy hour after kids are in bed. One of our friends dropped off extra masks and sanitizer at our door when it was hard to find these essentials. Another friend dropped off sidewalk chalk and books because they found some during grocery shopping.

We made Easter baskets (with my homemade Easter bunny cake, Candy eggs, and a bottle of wine) on Easter and dropped at our friend's door step. My kitchen garden has started producing cilantro, mint, and tomatoes and I buy fresh vegetables from a gardening school close to my house. We have been making fresh produce baskets and deliver to our friends once in two weeks.

It's been nice to bond with the friends and to know that there are selfless people who bring joy in our lives. We don't talk everyday and not everyone joins the Zoom happy hour but we know that we've friends who are there for us regardless the circumstances.

2. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

These are great ways to bond with friends!
    We have been talking over phone and texting mostly. Couple weeks ago, we did a social distancing bike ride for kids, while parents sat out and talked on our drive way with 6 ft distance. I am currently pregnant so they have been extra careful about coming in and hanging out. Same with our other group of friends. We update on phone and let the kids facetime. That's about it.

nuss, KashmirFlower and anika987 like this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Angela on the good news:)
    Take care,stay safe..

Angela123 likes this.
  4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Bike race sounds fun. Our kids are mostly using FaceTime and kids Messenger with their friends. Our neighbors have two girls, the older one is my daughter’s age. They do chalk art together from a distance.

Angela123 likes this.