Bon Voyage, Varalotti!

Discussion in 'IL'ite Wishes' started by Vidya24, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti and ILites,

It is a matter of great joy and pride for Indusladies that our own resident writer par excellence Varalotti Rengasamy is proceeding to the US for two months, by the end of this week. Over this time he will be engaged in professional activities that will enhance and add to the economies of India and the US. He has been specially selected for this rare honour.

Over the years, Wednesdays and Saturdays have become Varalotti days for us ILites. Sridharan has been enthralling us with his sparkling wit, provocative articles, soulful spiritual essays. Above all, he has revived the milk of human kindness and love in all of us.

Varalotti has promised that he will not, (actually his words are that he 'cannot') stay away from IL. It is a real honour and joy to hear that we will continue to read his works while he is in Seattle- definitely not sleepless:tongue --
    But Sridhar, much as we would love to read you every week as usual, please take time to enjoy yourself and freak out in your working holiday. IL and us ILites will always be there to read your work and cheer you. We also know that for a writer, especially a sensitive one like you, the world is his canvas. I am sure your US experiences will be translated into many splendid written words for us.

We wish you a safe journey and a pleasant stay in Seattle. May the warm and pleasant memories of home and the hearts of your family and IL family be with you always. Do dazzle your colleagues there with your professional skills, and when you meet lucky ILites there, remember that this mighty forum IL brought us all together and closer.

Bon Voyage, Varalotti and Godspeed!

(PS: I do not know if anyone else has posted a similar message. If so, please add this post to that thread. Thanks to the mod of the forum)

regards

2. slp807

slp807 Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir,

Welcome to US!!!

i wish you have a plesant and enjoyable stay here.

have a safe flight

3. vmur

vmur Silver IL'ite

Hi Varalotti,

Warm welcome and we wish you a pleasant stay here in the US. Hopefully you can make a trip to the East coast and we can get to meet you here.

Regards
    Vidya

4. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hello Varalotti sir,

A happy and safe journey to you. You have lots of things to see at Seattle.

Regards,

Abha.

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Have a pleasant stay and a good time..........

7. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya and all the ILites,

When it comes to describing Shalini's dilemma in SHE or arguing for lesbians there in that serial, or crusading against gossip, or writing about the professional skills of Sethu, the soft hero of B&B, words were flowing out incessantly.

But when it comes to thanking a dear friend and fellow ILIte for starting this forum, for those really, really nice words, well, I have to confess ladies, I am experiencing a temporary writer's block. Saying a "thanks" to such a wonderful post will be to insult not only your writing prowess, but also your good heart which has poured forth that message.

Vidya, pray that I continue to deserve the love and affection of all the ILites for all time to come.

Over the last few days as I was toying with various alternative climax scenes for SHE, I had only thing on the top of my mind. The final scene will come out before I leave the Indian shores. And if the gracious ladies do not find it okay, then I might have to go with a heavy heart. I prayed God that I should be blessed with the necessary skills to give a neat climax to this serial. From the first few responses, it looks as if God has answered my prayers.

The curtain has fallen down on SHE, a serial which engaged my body, mind and soul for the past 18 weeks.

I am going out as a happy man that I have substantially delivered what I have promised to deliver 18 weeks before.

If my American journey had happened about 8 or 9 months ago, (actually it was planned during Dec 2006- Jan 2007, initially) I would have gone out with a much heavier heart. Now I am happy because, my brother Cheeniya is there to enthrall you all. I am happy that I am leaving you all in much abler hands that can write far better. Thanks for coming in Sri.

Vidya, as you rightly said, it is difficult for me (or for that matter any one) to be away from IL for any length of time. Though the training is going to be extremely intensive, I have asked for and have been granted about an hour a day to check personal mails. I am planning to steal a few minutes from that time to post something or other in IL.

While I cannot write another serial sitting over there (though I am sure I can gather materials for my next serial HE) I can write on my experiences and encounters there. Hope you find them interesting.

Thanks Vidya, for starting this thread. I am moved and touched. Thanks for your kind wishes. May God bless you.
    Regards,

8. varalotti

Dear Sreelatha,
    Thanks for the welcome message and your kind wishes.
    regards,

9. varalotti

Hi Vidya,
    Thanks for your welcome message. I am planning to visit East Coast towards the end of the journey. But as of now everything is in a flux.

Let's see if I am blessed enough to meet you all over there.
    regards,

10. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

Welcome to U.S. Wish you a happy and safe journey from India. Hopefully I am looking forward to meeting you as Seattle is closer to Washington.

Regards,

TDU