Bollywood designer sarees in Chennai

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Jana2000, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Jana2000

Jana2000 New IL'ite

Hello,

My name is Jana and I live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Canada</st1:place></st1:country-region>. My parents are coming to Chennai [Tamil Nadu] next month. They won’t travel to <st1:City w:st="on">Bangalore</st1:City> or to <st1:place w:st="on">North India</st1:place>. Is it possible to buy Bollywood designer sarees in Chennai? If so, please give me names and locations of stores around the Chennai area that carry georgette, chiffon, and Bollywood Designer Sarees. Otherwise what is an economical way to buy Bollywood Designer Sarees? I appreciate the help.

Thanks,
    Jana

2. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Hi Jana,
    Welcome to IL. You can get the latest bollywood designer sarees from pothy's, Chennai silks and nalli's. They will have all the general popular trends and it will be easier to shop as all the three shops are within a stones throw of each other. :thumbsup

3. Jana2000

Jana2000 New IL'ite

Thank you, Vsar.
    I heard of those stores but I wasn’t sure if they carried designer sarees. I appreciate the info.

Regards,
    Jana

4. monikakrishna76

monikakrishna76 New IL'ite

moksha on cathedral road is high end and best place for bollwood or designre exclusives

5. mehendidesigner

mehendidesigner Bronze IL'ite

Varshidhi in kilpauk,'kay' in pursawalkam is also a best place for bollywood designer sarees.You can check' RANGEELA'and 'RAJSHREE' in sowcarpet.

6. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

I bought lots of bollywood designer saree from Varasidhi on G.N.Chetty road, T.Nagar...Quality sarees & they are up to date in fashion...their price will def.. put hole in your purse.

7. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

I have pretty collections of sarees and salwars and bought them from Rupkali(NUngambakkam) and Roshanlal(Mt.road near thousand lights),You get exclusive sarees in both the stores.They have georgett,crepe,chiffon,tissue,organza,etc

Last edited: Nov 11, 2009
  8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Count in "rangoli" & "manmandir" in nungambakkam high road, gotewala in cathedral road

9. archana.kc

archana.kc Gold IL'ite

Hi,

What is a bollywood designer saree? Enlighten, please!

Cheers
    Arch

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Archana,

guess they are in search of trendy party wears and designer wears which we see in most of the hindi movies (colorful chiffon and Georgette varieties)