1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Body Oils: Age old skin tonics ...

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by lahy15, Apr 23, 2008.

1. lahy15

lahy15 Silver IL'ite

Re: OIL your way to health...

:biggrin2: ... you are right Nandhu... :)

2. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Thanks for the tip. I need the direction for masssage?

Generally there is also another thing. Oil massage should not be performed in some days. Can you please provide info on that also

3. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

If you have the time for it,then daily oil massage for 10 minutes and washing it off with either kadalamaavu or greengram dhal powder will do wonders for the skin.It is called daily self abhayangham.
    Oils like coconut oil or til oil can be used for this.
    Til is more effective for the body.

4. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Lahy,

I know this is a very old thread.
    I have tried warming up all oils together and applied and massaged and then took hair bath.

But what is the use of wrapping hot towel around the hair after massage? Any usage?
    And how to make a towel hot? Putting in warm water or dry hot towel u mean?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  5. AnithaPartha

Lavanya,

Those are olden days words. I dont believe all those.. They say dont take oil bath on the day you born or somehting.. my MIL tell a lot abt all those.. but snce i came to usa i stopped seeing all those

6. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

The best oil for me would be olive oil. In early Greece, triathletes applied it all over their physiques in getting ready for a match. For many of years, the ancients utilized it for various medical and faith based reasons. In this article, we examine just how it protects your skin.
    Among the many benefits of olive oil skin care is its abundance in Vitamin E. This component can make your skin more healthy. It's an anti-oxidant, which implies it can guard your skin from hazardous poisons. This stimulates much healthier skin, making it start looking clean. Olive oil also assists with repairing weakened skin, although its constructive outcomes on scarring are minimal and definitely not that trusted. Nevertheless, the substance supplies a lot of benefits as a skin and face care solution.
    This particular healthy product has motivated manufacturers of beauty products to incorporate it as one of their healthy ingredients. There are plenty of goods being sold that plainly aren't very good for the skin, although they're being sold that way. A lot of them include really unpleasant elements which will in reality damage your skin, causing you to contend with the results.
    Through olive oil skin care, you don't have to get worried about such issues. It's an organic product from the olive tree, that's native to the Mediterranean area. Olives are usually pressed to acquire the oil. The most excellent type is called extra virgin, which emanates from the primary pressing. This really is the most beneficial, purest version that you can have, as what's left are refined physically and chemically. In the event that you're going to use the product for your skin, then extra virgin is your best bet.
    You can find numerous approaches to implement olive oil skin care. You can utilize it as a skin moisturizer by putting it on dry skin spots. It can likewise be applied as a hand moisturizing scrub whenever you blend it with sugar, continuing to keep your hands and fingers smooth and flexible. It also can be useful for reducing ear wax. There are research that propose that it can help in the reduction of cancerous growths in lab rats, but that hasn't been recognized in mankind at this time. Still, olive oil is an excellent all-natural ingredient for skin.
    Olive oil skin care has been with us for centuries. Many people utilised it a huge number of years back, and it has received its space in history, not simply as a skin therapy, but as an overall good part of diet practices. With its usefulness validated, we can turn to this ingredient for our regular skin care needs.

7. AnithaPartha

Dale,

I got xtra virgin olive oil. Is it good quality to use for face?

8. Nivee

Nivee Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I am very much interested in goodness of aromatherapy oils and while visiting health and glow i saw these and wanted to purchase the ones which would best suited.. but due to lack of knowledge, I have purchased the below oils...

1) Wheatgerm oil
    2) Olive oil
    3) Almond oil
    4) Tea tree essential oil

All i knew is wheatgerm, olive and almond are carrier oil, while tea tree is essential oil...

Now need your help and suggestion in best way of using the above oils for face / body / hair..

I have very oily skin and drandruff.. Will any of the above oils's receipe help out for these ?

Cheers,
    Nivee

9. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

very useful information suni.