1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Body Emitting Heat!

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by vsj1985, Mar 20, 2010.

1. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

:hiya Hi all,

I am a 25 year old and I have a problem of excessive heat being emitted from my body. I can feel the hot waves come out of my body. My husband has also noticed this and it is difficult for people sitting next to me because it becomes excessively hot around me. I shifted to Chennai 2 years ago and the problem has started since then.

I am not sure what I can do for this as it disturbs my sleep as well and even if I am sitting under the fan, i feel a hot air around me. If anyone touches my hand they feel I have high fever. Any suggestions for what I can do to help reduce the heat, any home remedies, foods I can eat or any such ideas...

Please help as this is impacting my sleep as well and making me very grumpy most of the times and am going crazy:crazy..

Looking forward to hear from you all...
    God bless

VSJ :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010

2. jayanaresh

jayanaresh Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear

No worries!!
    Chennai is hot place and i feel the same whenever i visit chennai..
    The solution my chennai sister gave is

Drink 2 cups of coconut water in empty stomach daily.
    Weekly twice wash your hair with methi powder(vendayam or fenugreek seeds) and apply little on your body also
    Avoid spicy food specially green chilles.
    Eat lots of cucumber salads
    Soak methi seeds in curd overnight and next day morning drink the curd with methi seeds.
    make dodhi ( suraikai - bottle courd) sambar or dodhi curd curry ( moor kzhumbu )
    Eat lot of vegetable instead of non veg food
    All this will make a difference dear.
    Try out and find the happiness.
    Love
    Mrs.naresh:thumbsup

3. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply... i have been having a tough time with this issue.... will definitely try all the above mentioned remedies... lets hope that the heat reduces! *Fingers Crossed*...

Thanks a ton.... :)

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I had a heat problem after a pancha karma some years ago and it would not abate naturally. One friend who sat next to me in the rickshaw even had to apply salve on his arm for a burn from our shoulders touching. I came back to the USA and had it for months even visiting the doctor for tests. I finally went to a Chinese acupuncturist here in USA and she put it out in one visit.

5. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Have you got your thyroid checked?
    If you are habitually on the thin side and do not put on weight even with eating well. you may be some what hyperthyroidic. Such people tend to have a higher metabolic rate and probably above average temperature.
    It is not a big deal and can be easily corrected.
    My mother was Hypothyroidic and had to be on thyroid harmones. She did not want her children to be like her. She made all of us learn thyroid specific hata yoga. I have been practicing those from my sixth year (for sixty four years now). I am myself slightly hyperthyroidic and am the same 55 kg for the past fifty years.

I feel all the symptoms that you have described. It is uncomfortable but no more.

6. vsj1985

vsj1985 New IL'ite

Hey Arunadhri,

Thanks a lot for your reply... I have always been an overweight child.. it runs in my family (i know it is not an excuse.. i am currently working on it)..... if possible please do post the yoga tips as it will be very helpful for me... and might just help to loose weight as well :wink:

And OMG:eek:mg: how have you managed to remain 55kgs for the past fifty years??!:bowdownsuper cool!

I have been bloating up like its nobody's business... i have put on 15 kgs in the last 1 year and have moved from being overweight to obese:bang :drowning:help

Hope to hear from u soon.... you take care and God Bless!

7. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

Some of these issues ARE hereditary. You cannot do much if it is in the genes. But you can try and do something about what is in the jeans. Even unexplained weight gain can be related to thyroid problems.

A little bit about yoga. It is not a cure all. Nor is it a quick fix. You get a sense of well being and generally trouble free health. But you will not immediately jump up and fly off as if you drank Red Bull.

It is best to learn yoga from a trained yoga teacher. There must be many in Madras that is Chennai. Before starting on this make sure that you do not have any other heath issues that preclude yoga. This clearance is best obtained from a good GP or a family physician, who knows you well. I am sure that it should be alright for you as you are quite young.

Most yoga asanas involve forward and reverse bending or twisting.

The following list is good enough for modern life style and can be done in 15 minutes. I suggest that you do not go overboard and take on all these together.

Padma asanam (Both versions), Bhujangasanam, Salabhasanam, Mayurasanam, Paschimotthanasanam, Halasanam, Vipareethakarani (Such a violent sounding name for the gentlest of asanas that can be done by a two year old or a 92 year old!), Sarvangasanam, Matsyasanam, Shirasasanam and Ardha Matsyendrasana (both sides) form a complete set in my opinion.

Uddiyana and Nauli are two Kriyas, which complete the list.

You should try for the Vipareethakarani, Sarvangasanam and Matsyasanam for a start. Once you are comfortable add from the list. You must, however, consider the yoga instructor as your guru and go by that person's advice. We can only suggest from our experience. The teacher knows best.

While yoga can definitely help, you should know something about fat cells. These little devils, who go and congregate where one certainly does not want them, are clever. Studies have shown that they have some sort of memory.
    These fellows seem to know that aerobic exercises do not last long. One huffs and puffs, but soon gets tired and sits and mops the sweat. The fat cells quietly snigger and collect more members to the community faster than Indusladies.

What stumps them is a gentle, steady but long walk. Without being aware of what is going on they get dissolved.

You asked about what keeps me 55 kgs for fifty years. It is something not available to you.
    I have been hounded by five generations of women since birth. It started with my great grand mother (mother's side). The last being a three year old grand daughter lamming into this long suffering male of 71 years from far off USA. (May her tribe increase. I adore her.) All the running around trying to avoid the chivying has kept me trim.

I stopped seeing movies decades back. Avoid TV like the plague for more than five years now. This gives me at least three hours a day in the garden. All that weeding, watering, pruning and fertilizing burn off a whole lot of calories.

Do not worry. If you feel depressed, look at Tintoretto's and Reuben's paintings and feel a glow that you are thinner than those ladies.