Blue Canopy Of Love- poem on my hubby- a B'day gift

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by ambika ananth, Nov 22, 2005.

1. ambika ananth

ambika ananth Bronze IL'ite

Blue canopy of love <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 134.25pt; HEIGHT: 127.5pt" o:eek:le="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title="" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1.000\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.wmz"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

He is the steadfast companion of my life

‘The man’ on my journey

His heart a torch of light

beckons me to follow

to surrender to the fullness of his love

He nudges me gently,

pushes me tenderly,

showing me how to live

and how not to,

he is my friend
    my confidante !!
    He has the strength and integrity

to surround me
    like a protective wall
    but opens the west window

for me to wander
    in the skies of freedom
    unfettered, I go beyond

my success,
    he too enjoys to the full

Marriage sometimes can be a dark forest

once you enter, you are lost

with him,
    it is a blue canopy of love
    resplendent with shining splendor

where I hear the
    sweet whispers of eternity
    in his random acts
    of warmth and love!

His tenderness shows in the way
    he makes me feel
    as his “precious possession”!
    He is the perfect place
    for my restless heart to rest
    Harmony of life is

his destination and mine!!

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Beautiful poem fm a beautiful YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Ambika,

Its a beautiful poem and I could relate to each and every word of it. That's exactly how I feel about my man, my love...

In this world of today, even marraiges have become a business partnership. Most of the time its built on everything else except love.

I only hope these words of love spreads all across and makes everyone to get into the mood of love and romance.

3. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

I'm here again.......

Dear Ambika,

I liked the last para - such beautiful words,

tenderness,
    precious possession,
    perfect place for my restless heart to rest,
    harmony of life his destination and mine.......

just great!!!!!!!! I don't have words to appreciate.

4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Ananth Has Set A Standard, A Tough One At That!

where I hear the
    sweet whispers of eternity
    in his random acts
    of warmth and love!

He is the perfect place
    for my restless heart to rest
    Harmony of life is

his destination and mine!!

but opens the west window

for me to wander
    in the skies of freedom
    unfettered, I go beyond

You've done it again. sweet whispers of eternity, random acts of warmth and love! What words, Ambika. When you talk of his opening the west window you hint at the spaces which is crucial for the success of any marriage. With such a pair around, what better destination could there be, but harmony of life. A touching poem, really.
    I have noticed one thing about your poems. I am not sure whether I have the liberty to tell that here. But let me attempt it. When you write a poem like this right from your heart all the words that jump into the page are simple and easily understandable. And they make us smile, scorn, and even shed a drop of tear. But for some of your poems I have to run for the dictionary. And when I do so the poem does not reach my heart as this simple one does. Blame it on my poor vocabulary, a very low exposure to poems,the fact that I am in a prosaic profession and a host of similar reasons. May be as a veteran poet, you may have some explanation for that!
    One thing is sure. I am not going to show this poem to my wife. For if she sees that and demands the same standards, what will I do!
    sridhar

5. ambika ananth

thanks friends

Thank you Meena and Sridhar

Meena, its easy for you to relate to this poem as you are a 'high romantic' and you have given samples of the deep attraction and love you share with your dear hubby. Thanks once again..

Sridhar, I am sure if your wife demands such a poem, you will be able to produce a better one- your heart throbs with strong emotions. But I guess you are showing your love for her in more ways than one, so poetry need not come into the picture...actions speak louder than words...haha

I cannot help but use some difficult words, if thats what you prefer to call them...when a language is rich with words which convey the exact feelings and thoughts, why settle for simpler words which may reach many, but fall short in conveying the precise thought? But this is my personal opinion..and I always consider the act of reaching for a dictionary is wonderful, one gains more vocabulary, more command and confidence..
    ambika

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

You Got It Wrong,Ambika!

When I said that my wife would demand such high standards it was not of the poem but of me. You had shown your husband in such a wonderful light that if my wife reads those lines and demands such high standards (for instance there's always a complaint that I do not give her enough spaces and that I do not share household work - you see no man's a hero to his wife (except probably your man)) from me as a husband then there would be a problem. That's what I meant.
    I have a feeling that by avoiding difficult words your reach would be both deeper and wider. Take this very poem. All the words fall within the ambit of about two to three thousand word vocabulary range which most of us use. This poem inspires a lot more than when for every other line you need to reach up to the dictionary. I may be wrong too.
    regards,
    sridhar

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  7. ambika ananth

sorry, I got you wrong

Oh Sridhar, how wrong I got you...?? See how simple minded I am...but I beg to differ on one point...this poem never says anything about my husband's standards..it talks of simple love and trust we both share...we both are absolutely down to earth and almost mediocre...but the speciality of poetry is it makes everything SEEM special...

and, one more point, I have never ever written a poem so abstract and difficult as to push people towards a dictionary...as I said, I am too simple minded for that...
    ambika

8. Sharada

Sharada Senior IL'ite

Blue Canopy

Ambika, your husband must've felt so proud and happy after reading this beautiful poem. No one deserves this poem more than your husband. Since I know Ananth personally I must tease him about being your blue canopy! He's very proud of all your achievements - it shows in the way he talks about you. And I'm so proud that both of you are my friends - can't decide whose company I enjoy more!
    Thanks for sharing this poem with us,
    Sharada

9. ambika ananth

thanks my hubby's friend....

Dear Sharada, thanks a lot. I am sure you enjoy Ananth's company more than mine..thats why I never end our phone call without passing on the phone to him, you both seem to hit it off well..so I don't have the heart to deprive Ananth of that fun.
    The best thing about him is, his simplicity, a boy-like excitement, which I think you too will agree upon...Surely he deserves this poem as he is 'my best friend'..ours is not just a conventional man-wife relation and you too know it....
    Thanks again..
    ambika