1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blowing my own trumpet! I have many firsts to my credit!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Jun 25, 2012.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]
    I was the first girl child to complete schooling in our family, But only school not college.:)

I was the first one to receive a silver medal for topping my class in English language in the government school. The medal was in fact awarded by the guest of honour who came to preside on the anniversary day and it was the first time in the history of the Government Girls School in those days.

I was the first one to join Hindi class in our family and all three exams which I have taken, namely Madhyama, Rashtra Bhasha and Praveshika I came first in Kanchipuram center and received prizes.

I was successful in getting the first job which I had applied for before marriage and after marriage to join the job the very same day I attended the interview.:hiya

I was the first one to write a script for the drama Markandeya acted by children during Sri Ramanavami festival on behalf of Chinmaya Misson's Bala Vihar at Jamshedpur and I also directed it. It was well received and appreciated. You might laugh to know that it was written in English.

I was the first woman in our family to see my writing in printed form in a news paper. :coffeeWhen our present PM was the finance minister he gave concession to women in income tax. I wrote a letter to the editor of Telegraph news paper appreciating him on behalf of women and it was published. Then some of my articles were published in Mangaiyar Malar also. The Hindu, which was once my favourite newspaper also published one of my letters.

I was the first woman in our family to visit US and that it was my first flight experience. Perhaps our family was the first one to run to catch the flight. This is the link for "We ran to catch a flight" and I was awarded the best entry. I have conducted "Made for each other," quiz program in US among friends.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/t...most-memorable-travel-experience-contest.html

We were the first in our family to be interviewed by a TV channel showing our terrace garden, which I have shared with you all in my blog.

Lastly, I am the first woman in our family to join IL and started boring:rant you all with my scribbling! One more thing, not the last but the least that I maintain a journal and I have written my autobiography!

Do I need anything more to establish that I have many firsts to my credit?:hide:

22 people like this.

2. aminroop

aminroop IL Hall of Fame

well u r totally worth the vanity, i say! :)

3 people like this.
  3. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Pushpa Ma..

It was nice to know about you more here and Oh you have got so many accolades in your life..
    Happy to have you here in IL for giving us so many valuble information.
    Bless us please.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Hats off to you Pushpa Mami, you are a role model for all of us

5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear pushpa mam,

With so many firsts to your credit you are fully entitled to blow your trumpet and whats more, We LOVE listening to it.:)

I have always thought of you with respect and admiration and now it is all the more.

Have you printed your autobiography? If so give me a signed copy.. Just for my Library ..I shall keep it on the shelf dedicated to people who I find totally inspiring.:)

2 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What a trail blazer you have been Pushpa Mami. Hats off to you and wish you many more firsts. :-D

7. blackbeauty84

blackbeauty84 IL Hall of Fame

Wishing you many more firsts and thanks a lot for sharing the information with us...

8. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

Mami
    Wishing you many more firsts and you are a role model for youngster.:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear PS ma'am,

You have been a winner always....."Born to win"

I always love your posts and blogs( The Tamil translation of Bhagavat Gita in simple words is the 'icing on the cake')

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear aminroop,
    Thanks for your compliments?:hiya
    Me and vanity! I am a down to earth humble person! :biggrin2:
    Love,
    PS