1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Blood type diet !!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Indian Diet & Nutrition' started by mssunitha2001, Apr 27, 2011.

1. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

This kind of diet is something new.... which i heard about in TV9 news channel.

source : times of india
    After hitting the gym, doing yoga and jogging, people are now trying blood group-based diets as experts say the secret to a fit body may be hidden in the blood type.
    These diets are popular in the West and they are finding a foothold in India where some fitness experts are recommending them.
    <!-- Module ends: a-body-first-para-->
    Explaining how such diets work, Ekta Tandon, Delhi-based nutritionist and dietician at dailydiet.in, says a chemical reaction occurs between your blood and foods as they are digested.

"Lectins, a diverse and abundant protein found in food, may be incompatible with your blood group and adverse side effects may occur. So I would recommend that one can follow a blood group diet along with the normal food in order to give all the nutrients to the body," Tandon told IANS.

American naturopaths James D'Adamo and his son Peter D'Adamo, founder of blood group-based diets, feel each person's blood group is key to how he burns his calories, what food he should eat and how he would benefit from certain type of exercise.

"People with A blood type have a different set of characteristics from people who are Type O - they are susceptible to different diseases, they should eat different foods and exercise in a completely different manner," says Peter on their website www.dadamo.com.

If one goes by the blood group diet chart, it suggests that 'Type O' people should eat high proteins; 'Type A' should avoid heavy proteins and dig on carbohydrates; 'Type B' people should drink more milk and avoid fruits like corns, lentils and peanuts.

People with Type AB blood group, which is very rare, can go for a combination of diet chart recommended for both Type A and Type B.
    Some popular diets include Atkins, which is low-carbohydrate diet, Sonoma consisting of managing portions, sizes and eating "power foods" like whole grains, almonds, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, grapes, spinach, blueberries, strawberries and olive oil.

Then there is the South Beach diet that replaces bad carbohydrates with good carbohydrates. And now come blood group-based diets.

"In the three months that I have been on a diet, I have lost almost 5 kg. So far everything is good. My dietician is wonderful and always promptly answers my queries," said Akankasha Darswal, who has Type A blood group.

Visit the following linkS :(with food chart )

Blood Type Diet (DIET CHART FOR ALL GROUPS)

Blood Type Diet (O group)

Blood Type Diet (A group)

Blood Type Diet (B group)

Blood Type Diet (AB group)

A very interesting article on blood groups and personality...read on

The Links between Your Blood Type and Your Personality, Diet and More Explained

2. pinkpearls

pinkpearls Senior IL'ite

Very good info....I heard about it before and researched a little but almost forgot that, thanks for sharing with us :)

3. Soumedh

Soumedh Silver IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,
    There is so much to know about blood group and diet!!!!
    Very usefull info,thanks for sharing.
    Rgds

4. sivshankari

sivshankari Gold IL'ite

very useful links...thanks sunitha :thumbsup

5. mssunitha2001

Thank you pinkpearls, soumedh and sivshankari for your fbs'....:)

I belong to A1B+

Does anyone else belong to such rare groups....????????

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A very interesting article on blood groups and personality...read on

The Links between Your Blood Type and Your Personality, Diet and More Explained

(as given in the above link)

Here are some examples of blood type and personality, based on James and Peter D'Adamo's work:
    • Blood Type A - Tend to be cooperative, sensitive, clever, passionate and smart. Often bottling up anxiety in order to get along with others, they may hold in their emotions until they explode. Many are tense, impatient and unable to sleep well. While they are capable of leadership positions, they may not take them because the stress is not good for their tightly wired systems. In Japan many "A"'s are in research. They have roles in discovering more about and refining science, economics, manufacturing, etc. Their research on microflora and other areas of medicine is some of the best and most meticulous in the world. They are perfectionists to say the least. This quality shows up in their perfecting electronics like TV's and also less expensive more efficient cars that were originally created here in the US.

Blood type A's tend to have more sensitive constitutions. Too much stress weakens their immunity more quickly than other blood types. Low stomach acid is common among blood type A's even from birth, so special care should be taken when eating animal proteins. Using digestive enzymes, like Assist Dairy and Protein, along with consuming fermented foods and drinks is really a must for A's. It is not surprising to me that fermented foods like Miso and Natto play an important role in providing easily digested protein, in the Japanese Diet. They also eat raw fish which is much easier to digest than cooked.
    • Blood Type B - Blood type B individuals tend to be balanced: thoughtful like A's and yet ambitious like O's. They are empathetic, easily understanding others' points of view, yet often hesitating to challenge or confront. Chameleon-like and flexible, they make good friends.
    Peter D'Adamo found that While their immunity is strong, they are more prone to slow-growing viral infections like lupus, MS and chronic fatigue.

They may also have problems with hypoglycemia and blood sugar, especially if they eat the wrong foods.
    • Blood Type AB - Tend to be very charming and popular. They don't sweat the small stuff and can be seen as spiritual and even at times a bit "flaky". Only about 2 - 5% of the population are blood type AB. There is never a dull moment in a AB's life, so if you find one for a friend, consider yourself lucky! Youll enjoy some exciting times together!

Like blood type A's, AB's react to stress poorly. They are stronger and more active than type A's, but need to pay attention to stress levels so that they don't compromise their immunity.

Sometimes it is difficult to be an AB. AB's don't like to fit in anyone else's "boxes". If they feel too confined, they'll break out of that box and do things their own way. When it comes to food choices and AB must discover when they are more B-like or A-like. For example, dairy foods like milk kefir can be excellent for them or not good at all.
    • Blood Type O - Tend to be loners or leaders and are intuitive, focused, self-reliant and daring. They handle stress better than other blood types and have strong immune systems, a well developed physique and a physically active nature. Blood type O's tend to have sluggish blood flow and feel better with vigorous exercise for about an hour each day.
    <TABLE border=0 cellPadding=8 align=right><TR align=middle><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #ffcc99 2px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ffff99 2px solid; BORDER-TOP: #ffff99 2px solid; BORDER-RIGHT: #ffcc99 2px solid" bgColor=#ffff66 width=220 align=middle>
    Obviously many other factors influence your personality. I think you will find like me that these blood type theories are quite fascinating.

6. Malar2301

Malar2301 Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunitha....

Very useful info...thanks a lot...

7. laddubala

laddubala Gold IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

Useful Information.
    A lot to know. Thanks for sharing

8. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Hi sunitha

Useful information and good links. I have heard this in Sun tv in Jacob's kitchen but this much elaborately. thanks a lot from all health seekers.

9. mssunitha2001

Thanks a lot dear Malar:), laddubala :)and manjubashini :)

10. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

interesting...Never heard of it..Thnaks :)