Blood sugar high at 28th week - suggestion pl

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Preethirathina, Jul 20, 2012.

1. Preethirathina

Preethirathina New IL'ite

hi friends...

I am now in my 28th week, my scan showed baby normal but my blood test (random) and urine test showed having sugar. i was asked to take glucose tolerance test at fasting and after taking glucose. this test showed blood sugar normal before fasting and blood sugar around 179 where 150 is normal.... my doc has asked me to follow a diet pattern and avoid sugat items for 15 days and check again sugar level.... i am now following diet and walking half an hour in morning and half an hour in evening....if my blood sugar level doesnt come down i have to take insulin injection it seems..

please share ur experiences... i am scared whether my baby will get sugar or will be affected with the insulin injection...

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Dear,

Dont panic. This happens with many people. Doctor want to check whether you can control with diet. If it can be controlled with diet then you dont have to take insulin. If you have to take insulin it is not going to effect baby in any ways. It will keep you and baby safer. Follow your doctor. High blood sugar causes a big baby i mean over weight baby which becomes a problem later. So just follow your doctor's advise and be happy.

tc