1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blood is Thicker Than Water...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by enlightened, Nov 2, 2010.

1. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Today, my sister-in-law called us up from SFO.She does once a week phone call and we all have a hearty chat, each of us exchanging the going ons in our respective lives.My SIL's 7 yr old daughter was around the phone and she asked the kid if she wanted to speak and the kid refused to speak to me.Of course, she spoke to her granny(my MIL) and my hubby, her maama.
    I do not have anything to say about the kid, at the least even blame her.But I felt really sad.Because, of the three of us, its always me who has the greatest affection for her and her brother.Whenever they come down to india, I try and make different eatables and take them around.I really love them a lot.But until how long can love be one sided?Today I felt that perhaps because of the bonds of blood, she is so eager to speak to her maama and not to me.May be it just happens and nobody teaches them...I just told my husband....at the end its only our children who matter i guess...even he felt bad for me because he knows how much i love them.
    I never had a great relationship with my father;s sister.I dint want that to happen with me and my kids.But despite me making so much effort why is it that I am least cared for?I mean my SIL is good, but her kids are so indifferent...non chalant.They never speak to me or my kid(s).

2. fathan

fathan New IL'ite

hi,
    u already have the answer.blood is thicker than water.its true true n very true.

3. padma777

padma777 Senior IL'ite

She is a child and may be fickle minded. So she talks to those whom she is more familiar with, whom she knows before ur arrival in the family. Let her grow up may be after a year or two, things are likely to change..

4. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

No offences or hard feelings...also no expectations from kids whether they are mine or other's!