1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blood Is Thicker Than Water !!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by puni88, Dec 25, 2007.

1. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi,[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif]People in the same family are related by blood and "blood is thicker than water" says that family ("blood") relations are more important than relations (water) with friends. [/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Geneva, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Friends will come and friends will go but your family is always there for you Family relations"[/FONT]

This is what we have been hearing from our parents, elders etc.

To my analysis : no doubt family is first, but what happens to friends and relationship between friends.
    Is there any value for relationship between friends??
    If so, then what is the relationship between husband and wife??
    They are not blood related. What ties between husband and wife??
    Is it not friendship ties between husband and wife??
    What happens to adoption?? won't you show any love, affection to the adopted child??

~Punitha

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Puni,

Blood is thicker than water.... This is apt with regard to the physical properties of Blood and water....

In India, which is famous for morals / values on relationships... You go to the civil courts... You can see so many family dispute cases.... You can see people killing their own kith and kin for property.... Money is above all these things....

Friendship.... It comes without any relationship... Again, if you get good friends... you are lucky... If not, they will also ditch you...

I know a family in which the eldest daughter married a person of her own choice... The whole family condemned her... and till date they have not met her or alllowed her to come and meet them.... She suffered a lot in life and came through successfully purely because of her friends and well wishers support.... For all that her hubby stood by her....

Again it all depends upon your luck.... I will not say all families are like that and always friends will help you....

Husband and wife relationship is different..... Though they are not blood related... It is the love and affection they share for each other... Once they have a child, then the child becomes the bondage... because it is both their blood... That is why in olden days the child birth was given so much importance... Adoption again goes by the love and affection....

So... where are we.... If you are lucky... you get a good family... then blood is thicker than water... If you got good friends... then friendship is greater than blood....

But always remember.... in today's world money plays a major role...

3. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda sir,
    You have explained it so well!!
    I agree with your points.
    Again, if we are lucky everything goes well.

~Punitha

4. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Dear Veda

I agree with u. U shoudl be lucky to get a good partner in life and to get a good friend.
    Its true that money plays a major role in today's life. If u have money everyone will be with u especially ur relations.

5. ReshmaSuresh

ReshmaSuresh New IL'ite

Hi girls..
    You know with relatives it is moral commitment....otherwise I guess we all know...

We have a choice with friends but not family...