1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Blood In Stool

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by Sri2196, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

I noticed blood streaks on stool few times when i have had bowel movement.it was not difficult to pass.
    What could be this? Im very scared rn.iam afraid this could be colon cancer. Consulting gp tomorrow. Only thing that is keeping me a bit calm is the fact that im only 20 and its quite rare to occur at this young age.
    Has anybody gone through this?

2. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Very few people at 20 take the time to look at their stool. You will likely give out full details to your GP when she will ask questins about your food habits, your lifestyle, etc. And then post here as to what she advised you.

Sri2196 likes this.
  3. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

You are right, at 20 cancer is very rare. Is it associated with pain? If yes, it could be anal fissure, if not it could be hemorrhoids. Either one is bothersome but not worrisome..getting yourself tested is good.

KashmirFlower and Sri2196 like this.
  4. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. Im a hypochondriac andeven little things bother me a lot

5. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. No,there is no pain.

6. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Do some hypochondriacal research on the web. Web MD is for you. Find out when persons with your diet, your BMI, your ethnic type, your habits of exercise, sports, work, will have the propensity for getting various maladies. Make a dossier, Look at the dark corners of your body -- mirrors and digital cameras ( no need to send out private films for developing studios in this digital age ) can help you. Have fun with your fears.

7. Kukudukuu

Kukudukuu Silver IL'ite

Are you having ulcers in stomach or small intestine or large intestine ? Are the bile levels under normal conditions ?

8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Sometimes ulcer, internal piles, fissure etc can lead to blood in stool . Better consult a doctor.
    Anyway , eat lot of vegetables, fruits and Fibre rich food . Drink lots of water..Reduce /gave up the intake of meat and eggs till the issue is solved. May require lifestyle and diet change. Consult and follow doctors instructions well as stomach and rectal issues, if neglected can lead to severe situations.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  9. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

I haven't been checked for that.so i dont know yet. I don't experience any stomach ulcer symptoms.
    Thanks.

Kukudukuu likes this.
  10. Sri2196

Sri2196 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for your reply. Yeah,i better eat lots of vegetables and fruits.