1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blockbuster Movie you hated

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sangeetamahajan, Aug 26, 2009.

1. sangeetamahajan

sangeetamahajan New IL'ite

That day I saw slumdog millionaire and am sorry to say but I really hated the movie. Can't understand why in the world this movie became a worldwide phenomena???

Have you ever felt like this after watching a movie that's supposed to be a huge hit? Tell me, which are the blockbusters that you just hate...

2. kk2009

kk2009 New IL'ite

Hey, Slumdog Millionaire was not even that bad... Anyway, I just hated Singh is King. The movie was so stupid. It was so illogical that I wanted to scream at the screen. But for some reason it was one of the biggest hits of the year..... How?

3. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

My vote goes for KABHI ALVIDHANA KEHANA!!
    Heights of stupidity of its own kind! Can't speak more than that!

4. thyrogal

thyrogal New IL'ite

ITZ 'SIVAJI'(TAMIL MOVIE).full of masalas.i didn't like it.only for rajini and shankar the movie reached all.

5. pav_3

pav_3 Senior IL'ite

Even though i'm a big fan of sharukh i simply hated his Rab ne bada di jodi film...the movie was so illogical and dumb...cant accept the fact that a wife cannot identify her husband without a mustache or vatever....:idontgetit:

pavi

6. ani123

ani123 Senior IL'ite

"Dil tho pagal hai" is one of the blockbuster movie...i hated that movie..(not abt songs but story line..).I felt it so stupid...
    anyway was biggest hit :bonk

7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

"Sarkar" hindi movie. Somehow didn't even feel like watching it.

-Uma

8. PreethiArun66

PreethiArun66 Senior IL'ite

'Munnabai MBBS'- After seeing sanjay dutt's face was nt interested somehw...
    Though I enjoyed its tsmil version by kamal hasan... being a kamal fan... :thumbsup

9. Shilpa Pratheep

Shilpa Pratheep Bronze IL'ite

Matrix 3r part . 1st n 2nd part were awesome,they redefined english movies, but 3rd part was equally bad.
    Slumdog Millionaire wansn't a great movie too.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  10. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

I second you sangeeta for "SLUM DOG MILLIONAIRE" and like to share my views in this thread too.

A nice movie and it won Golden Globe award for the movie but As a indian living in the same city of Mumbai I wud Like to point out few of the scenarios shown in the movies, which do not happen really in India. Some of them are:

-Showing child appearing with **** all over his body to get an autograph of a Bollywood Star:Although I have seen much of the poverty in and around Mumbai, I have never seen such hopeless condition of the poor people in Mumbai. I felt really disgusted to see such a scene. I’m certain that other Indians who have seen Mumbai closely would be shocked to see this too.There are die hard fans that does not mean that the kid full of **** will be allowed near a great bollywood star.Think over this.

- Tap water being filled in the Mineral Water Bottle in hotel: Although I have heard of this scandal and I’m sure it does happen in some of the situation but not in hotels , it is wrong to portrait India as the country, where it is a common habit.

- Children being made beggers and made blind:I think it is true and as a county, India has to work towards removing this mal-practice.

-The Millionaire Contestant is beaten by police before he could answer the final question to become a Millionaire: This is ridiculoius. There has not being a single case of this happening in India at such a senior level. Simply shocking to see as to how the Director got this wild idea about Indian law and order situation..!!

- Showing riots between Hindu and Muslims in Mumbai: I really dont understand as to the need to show this in the movie. Does the Director wants to show how well India is divided between various religions.Already this riots are shown in most of the movies in India.

-Showing how ill-managed Indian Call Center are in India: I do not need to defend as to the quality and hard work of the Indian call center. It might be a one off case which has being picked for the movie.And for the Info of all Chaiwala(the man who sells tea) is not allowed to attend the calls in India
    It makes me really wonder as to what is the BIGGER MOTIVE behind depicting India as a poor call center hub is..!!

DOnot depict a false picture of India.

I beleive there are much gud films compared to slumdog millionaire but the production will be by Indians.

So we lack the awards

I feel Golden globe or Oscars are not the only one to judge Indian movies and give the award.

We dont need awards but our Indian movies make a print in the heart of Indians and thats more important.

And I feel that all the scenes in Slumdog Millionaire are shown in all the Indian movies as part this is a combined film thats it.

Its nothing so much great except A.R's song.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009