Blessed with a Baby Boy

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by Vasuma09, Jan 7, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Congratultions Vasuma on the arrival of your little one. My hugs and kisses to the little one. All the best

love
    viji

2. MrsPriyaG

MrsPriyaG New IL'ite

Hi Vasuma,

Congratulations :)
    Hope you and the baby are doing fine and you are enjoying this most precious time of motherhood :thumbsup

I also have gestational diabetes, am waiting to read your complete experience.
    So please post more details about why u had gone through C-section?

Take care and lots of love to your baby.

Cheers,
    Priya

3. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi Saikripa, Viji and Priya,

Thanks for your blessings.

Priya,

As i mentioned in my previous post, I went for normal checkup on Dec 8 (My birthday) .They ask me to do normal routine checkup Urine, Blood and BP everything was normal but my blood sugar level was slightly high (I had normal sugar level till my 8th month) .In my last scan they found baby was big (May be due to GD) so that time itself my gyneac told me there is a chance for C - Section.On Dec 8 my gyneac asked me to admit, I was very happy becos it falls on my bday.I admitted at morning 11am.They planned for induction at night 8pm,Before that I completed all my formalities like Blood test, urine test, BP, baby's heart beat, position and movements.Baby was doing well head down position, fixed, cervix softened but slightly dilated so they had a hope for normal delivery.That was the first time I experienced the pain as my gynea checked internally.My god I cant tolerate the pain , I shouted like anything.

Around 6 again they checked the hearbeat and movements and they asked me to take only light food around 8pm they induced me with first dose it was like a hell and that lady doctor was impatient.after induction no pain nothing they planned for second induction around 4am and told me if there is no pain we can go for c section,I had very mild pain , contraction and slightly dilated. so again they planned for third induction my god i was emotionally down as my hubby was not there with me becos of client meet.Third induction was around 2pm between there was constant Bp , heart beat, fetal movement and urine checkup.I cant stand after my third induction because of pain , I cant able to go to loo and not able to urinate.after third induction there is good improvement but believe me my induction pain was almost equivalent to labor pain.After third induction in urine test they found ketone so they ask me to drink lot of water and urinate frequently . I couldnt able to walk , My gyneac checked and told me if there is no frequent contraction we cant wait becos maximum they will try only 2 induction else it will cause infection to baby, but u know my inlaws asked me to go for final induction to have normal delivery, so again the game starts with routine test and during final induction in urine test there is no ketone but no pain and they declared as failed induction on dec 10th morning and arranged for emergency c - section.

I had spinal block (they tried in 6 place)and i was totally conscious. with in 20 mins I heard my sweet lo voice, I cant express it by words, it was such a nice feeling my eyes filled with tears, after 5 mins they showed my baby he was damn cute with 4.5kg. Paediatrician told my parents that he had respiration distress so they moved my baby to incubator room and me to postnatal ward.I felt so bad that we all 3( me my hubby and baby) were in different place.On dec 11night they called me to breast feed my baby as usual I was so tensed so no milk.On dec 12 morning they gave my baby and next two days I was so upset due to insufficient milk.I got discharged on dec 16 once i reached home I had healthy food and my mom asked me to be relax .Now there is no problem with breastfeeding.

Last 2 days my Lo is suffering with blocked nose and cough, so gals please pray for him , I ant see him suffering with cough.I need all your blessings and prayers for my Lo

Regards
    Vasuma

4. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Congrats Vasuma,

Pray that LO gets well soon :)

You can join us on the Post Pregnancy & Infants forum for any queries.

Take loads of rest.

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Relax Vasuma. Your LO wil be fine.
    Take care of yourself & your LO.
    Eat healthy & stay healthy.