Bleeding gums

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by srilatha86, May 2, 2012.

1. srilatha86

srilatha86 New IL'ite

Hi,
    Iam 20 weeks pregnant.i have bleeding gums while brushing.is it normal in pregnancy.

2. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Having swollen, red, tender gums that bleed when you floss or brush is a common complaint during pregnancy. About half of moms-to-be have these symptoms – a condition known as pregnancy gingivitis. Your gums are more likely to become inflamed during pregnancy in part because of hormonal changes that make them more sensitive to the bacteria in plaque.

Brush thoroughly but gently at least twice a day (after every meal if possible), using a soft-bristled brush and toothpaste with fluoride.

3. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Srilatha,

It is normal to have bleeding gums during pregnancy. The gums are inflamed and sensitive. Make sure you brush your teeth before bed time and if possible after the big meals. You could use a tooth brush for sensitive teeth. I would suggest you could use a brush for junior size, don't be harsh with the strokes, and use vertical strokes on the front and in the inside with the molars horizontal. The brushing is for the teeth, try n avoid being rough with the gums, after you have brushed your teeth gently brush your gums with your fingers. That will reduce the bleeding.

Try and avoid too much sweets and aerated drinks and processed food.

Take care….

Rakhi

4. stevepearls

stevepearls New IL'ite

I think it may be happened by loss of gum patches or in your body loss of vitamins taht helps to build blood in the body that helps to save the patches, but for more concern because your pregnent you need to take care and meet the dentist, for that get more information, meetadentist dot com