Bleeding gums at 30 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by prettywomen123, Sep 24, 2009.

1. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

My teeth on one side has been bleeding that I keep spitting a little blood from this morning. I am not sure if this is normal. Is there anything I can do about it. It is only on one side and hurts a bit. I cant chew anything on my left side as I get the taste of blood and cant eat anything now.

Any advice and help appreciated.

Regards
    PW

2. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Hi PW,

Bleeding gums or Nosebleeds are common during pregnancy. This is due to increase in blood volume and effect of pregnancy hormones, so nothing to worry.Still I have ptyalism with some gum bleeding during night, But I don't have any gum bleeding or Pain while I brush my teeth.Absolutely no pain or tooth ache for me.Please get an appointment with GP as u have bit pain , so that she may examine your teeth.Take of lot of fruits which has vitamin c and brush your teeth minimum twice or thrice daily and use alcohol free mouthwash, this will definitely help you.

Don't worry, it is very common in pregnancy .Hows ur gums, Is it normal or reddish in colour or do u have any gum swelling..??

3. prettywomen123

prettywomen123 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vasuma09,

Thanks for your reply.

My gums are fine in the morning and night when I brush my teeth. This has recently started and only happens mid day either in the mornings say 11:00 or evenings say 5pm. They have become a bit of pain now . Its the tooth inside so I cant even see it. I dont believe in GP's that much since for everything they say its normal. I was wondering if there was nyn home remedy for this?

Gums haven't swelled and is normal white in color. Its just that little pain and spitting of blood in the morning and evening a couple of times. Doest feel good cause the feeling of blood on mouth makes me stop eating anything including drinking water.

Regards
    PW