bleeding during pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ria80, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear All

All your experience give me a great confidence and support. I am in my 8th week and i had 2 miscarriages in the past 2 years, On satraday i went for my scan and found the baby was normal. But on sunday i found some brown spots coming and rushed to the dr.She gave me asprin and on monday to check my progestrone levels and hcg. They found my PG levels was low so they immediately gave me a Pg injection of 100mg on monday. Tuesday also i was spotting . Dr adivsed me a lot and asked me to wait till it reduces fully as there might be some old blood coming out. Touch wood today early in the morning i had slight spotting in tissue and after that nothing. I am praying god for things to go on well.
    Dr has asked me to take a scan next week as it is too early to do now. Please friends pray for me for things to go on well and my u/s should be normal.

2. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Do remain calm and have faith in God, Ria! All will be well. I know how it feels esp when one had 2 miscarriages before. I was in the same boat 2 yrs back. I had a different problem tho' (risk for thrombosis) and was treated effectively and have a healthy boy today. Just remember whenever you have even slight bleeding do not come to your own conclusions and rush to the doctor. This is what my doc keeps telling me (i'm now pregnant again with our second child). Now that the doctors know your problem lies with hormone levels they'll take care of you. All the best!

3. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear All

Cathy and Ria how long u have bleeding i mean how many hrs or days. For my spotting started on Sunday and on monday tuesday it was spotting in paper tissue but not in my panites. But for me still is find some slight brown spots in tissue. How long did it take for u poeple!!! .

Traveller thanks for the words and i am staying clam and very confident. But how long did ur bleeding last!! . I got to check my Progestrone and HCG tommrrrow to vary the dose.

4. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear sumati

dun worry and pray to God and things wud b fine..let me also pray for u...

lov
    sowmi

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Sumati,

As I mentioned in my reply I had a different problem. I never had bleeding but a missed abortion (there was no heart beat in 8 weeks). After my 2nd abortion within a year due to the same reason the doctor checked my hormone levels for imbalance and it was alright. When I got pregnant third time i was immediately asked to go for a detailed blood test and they found that I had problems in that. So I was given injections to take care of that and the pregnancy was a very healthy one. If your gyn knows your history already she must know what tests you'll need for this pregnancy. Did they do any additional tests or did you ask her what was the reason for your earlier abortions? Do ask her about that and also take her opinion on this pregnancy. All the best to you:)

6. ria80

ria80 New IL'ite

hi cathy and sumati
    Even i am in my 9th week,my due date is 3 july.
    I still have some on/off brown discharge everyday but that is normal i guess.
    ria

7. cathy

cathy Senior IL'ite

Hi Sumati and Ria,

Dont worry Ria.Its normal.Also sumati,bythis time u could have done ur test.hope things are normal at ur end.

My due is July 1st.:cool:.Two days before urs.

I still have morning sickeness.I am not able to cook also.:(

How do u feel?

Take care.

-Cathy

8. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear Traveller

You were rite. I did the lipids test and it was normal and no problem. Unfortunately here i Zambia the drs are not proactive. The gynace i was consulting is an indian ikept on asking her if i got to do Progestrone test she said not needed. Now she has gone for her vaction so now i swifted another one. my hubby is a Pharmacist so he searches in the web and asks them and they inturn asked me to do the test. Suddenly till last thursday morning my spotting stopped completely, in the afternoon i saw some fresh bleeding so we rushed to hospital and the dr says as i had pG injection earlier it was not needed so my hubby asked her if we do a test and it is low can we hav another shot and we did the same and the levels were also too low. I did an u/s immeidatley and the fetal heart beat was there and it was in tact.

Again we switched to another male gynace he asked me to wait till saturday and we check PG levels it was within limt and now he has asked me to have Progestrone 100mg shot everyday. So now till date it is reducing and i find only brown spots in tissue when i wipe after urination.
    Today it is far more better. So i got to have i till this friday and then meet him. He has said he will arrange a u/s next week.
    I am in complete bed rest and praying for things to go fine. So please all my friends pray for me.

Cathy and Rio my EDD has not yet been told. How r u guys take care .

9. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Hi Sumati,

I'm very glad you managed to take the right steps with your husband's help. Don't worry... as long as the heart beat is normal everything will be in place. I'll pray for you that this doc will guide you well. These days hormonal imbalance is so common in many women and the treatments are very well advanced. BTW, I'm pregnant with our second one and expecting to deliver 1st week of June. This time too I've to take injections everyday to control my blood:) but i'm definitely taking it easier than the first one.... you too take care, take rest and don't think twice about pestering the doc given that you've said the situation in Zambia. I do hope you have some kind of help for cooking etc.,

Latha

10. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Dear Latha

Thanks for your words. Yes i am taking it easy, praying a lot and hoping for th best, I am bless my MIL lives with me so she take care of all household work and cooking. I just assist her in cutting only. She takes care of me a lot.

She is more stressed than me cos, so her prayers are there for me.

Hope u r fine and how r u managiing urself with a kid .I have a friend in germany Statguarrt ( if i am rite). How long have u been there,