1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Bleach Stains on carpet

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by vaidehi, Mar 3, 2009.

1. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi,

My son had made marks with red markers on carpet ,i tried washing it off with a detergent but the stain was bit stubborn. So tried my luck with Bleach .....bonk, and i have discoloured the carpet . Can anybody tell me how can i fix this Problem. its a little big patch and i m worried for being charged a huge amount by Apt owners.

Please help.

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Did the marker red color run into the carpet or have you bleached out the carpets color? I am unclear....

3. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi

The Markers turned the carpet red and then when i tried removing them, they were bit stubborn and i bleached them:hide:. Do u have any ideas to restore its original color?

4. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

This was the same problem i had a month ago.
    My guest had spilt tomato soup on the carpet so my hubby tried to remove it and it wont go.

Later when we were vacating, we tried the carpet stain remover, it worked well on all the stains.
    But one mistake what i did was, like you, i tried a little detergent and then before it dried out completely ,i sprayed the carpet stain remover, so it became white (bleach mark). they have charged us 75 bucks to remove those stains..

Am happy for that ! guess why, the inspection guy mentioned we need to change the whole carpet, later they billed us only 75 :thumbsup

dont worry. Try the carpet stain remover (Resolve) . if it doesnt go , dont panic. they wont charge u much.

5. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Ranchu,

Thanks dear for that comforting reply:), just that its little big patch and we are in NJ that means everything is little bit more Expensive.....:hiya.

vaidehi

6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

Bleaching the carpet is quite difficult to get rid of.

Irrespective of whether we leave the carpet clean or otherwise, the apartment people will definitely charge $75 when we vacate the apt. It is a norm here in US. So, it won't matter whether we leave it completely spotless or with some stains here and there.:)

So, don't worry..! :) You've done your best!

Cheers
    Krithika

7. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Hi Krithika,

Thanks so much for the reply, Will they charge overall 75 $(Std rate) or will it be based on the size of the stains. Sorry for this silly questions..... but am really worried.

vaidehi

8. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi Vaidehi,

As far as I know, just for the carpets alone they charge $75 (in almost many states here- I am saying this from my experience since we've moved so much :)).

The above rate was applicable till 2006, after that the rates may or may not have increased. Since we are in our own home now, no idea about present rates.

But don't worry too much..they will charge this amount irrespective of the size of the stains.

Cheers
    Krithika

9. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Thanks krithika for the info, now i need to wait till we vaccate this house to know the exact amt they charge:). Carpet looks like a pain in the neck Esp with little monsters at home.