1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bland Reprisal I - My Story Which Appeared in Womans Era

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Oct 13, 2005.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I am honoured, Vidya!

Dear Vidya,
    More than Vikatan giving me a muthirai, I am now honoured by an international scientist stamping it with the seal of her quality. I am honoured.
    Thanks,
    sridhar

2. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

wonderful story

:thumbsupDear varalotti,

Its like i got addicted to reading your stories daily...my hunger for them is increasing day by day....The story had it own style of presenting the opinions of men and women...the problem is common but,itz how a person looks at it from his point of view...women has always a strong role to play in your stories...i am truly proud to be a woman...and hatts off to you who understand their feelings so well...i am sure your wife indu and preethi are really lucky to have you....:bowdown

great going (vara):hide:...ps:petname

pooja.

3. varalotti

Re: wonderful story

Dear pooja,
    It's a nice feeling to have someone as good as you dig up my old writings and write a fb about it. This is especially the story I loved to write. I once heard a bank manager telling me that after his 43rd year he has severed all marital connections with his wife and that he is treating her like his mother. I almost wanted to shout at him - did you ask your wife's views on that? But could not.
    The suppressed feelings came out as this story. I wrote it in Tamil and the magazine Vikatan so much loved the story that it gave a special stamp of approval (calling it as a muthirai kuttikathai) and giving me Rs. 3000, something unheard of for a two page story.
    Then after six months I presented it in English which Womans Era published long back.
    About Indhu and Preethi being lucky to have me, I have my own doubts. You will have to hear from them.
    thanks for the pet name.
    Love,
    vara

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Re: Bland Reprisal II - My Story Which Appeared in Womans Era

a different way to teach a lesson.....over all a good story :)

5. varalotti

Re: Bland Reprisal II - My Story Which Appeared in Womans Era

Thanks a lot, Srividya. I enjoyed writing every word in this story. And this got a special prize of Rs.3000/- when it appeared in Tamil in Anandhavikatan.
    love,
    sridhar

6. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Sir No wonder you were a winner for this story..absolutely fantastic story!.i loved malathi for her patient attack which had to go on for a week.:rotfl:rotfli would have tried brain washing rather than actions on announcement day itself.:)which i know may end up as failed attempt:biglaugh

neethu.

7. varalotti

Thanks, Neethu. While the feminists are up against open and blatant chauvinistic attitude these kinds of subtle chauvinism often goes unnoticed and unattacked. In fact in Victorian England men were shocked when it was discovered for the first time that women also enjoy physical relationship.
    Planned and patient attacks win more often than impulsive outbursts.
    thanks for coming in Neethu.
    love,
    sridhar

8. Ranise

Ranise Junior IL'ite

Hello Sir,

Excellent story ! A lesson taught this way would definitely have a deeper impact. It does take great amount of patience and planning.

Regards
    Rani

9. varalotti

You are right, Rani. Many times in our lives we take impulsive decisions and react to the situation. In this story the heroine patiently waited, responded to the situation and won her husband over to her side.
    thanks for the comments,
    love,
    sridhar