1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blame it on Kali Yuga!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 3, 2007.

1. mikku

mikku Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

This article, the FBs including, not just made an excellent read but was enlightening for an ignorant mortal like myself. As for the so called "breaking news" showed by the overzealous TV channels, I would rather bask in the bliss of "ignorance" than put myself through the trauma. As Shreyasri has put it, I guess it is the age factor that makes me not want to watch the gruesomeness.
    Thanks so much for an awesome read yet again, Sir....I fear I will be running out of them soon....

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

In Satya Yuga, everyone lived with righteousness, perhaps, there was no karma created by them. Slowly, Sathya and Dharma were lost and Shanti and Prema disappeared. In Kali Yuga, the only way righteousness is understood is by showing what is not righteousness. Without the existence of wrong doings, the people will not understand what is righteousness. Righteousness was the rule in Satya Yuga where as it is an exception in Kali Yuga. Perhaps, in Satya Yuga, nobody suffered hypertension, depression etc. as the life is monotonous with no excitement and anxiety. Physicians did not exist as everyone lived for a long time with good health. Now, everybody leads a poor health as they are born with the burden of Karma. Even thoughts that comes to our mind causes injury to our mind and body because of Karmic burden. Anyone who is spiritually elevated is worshiped as an exception to the normal living. The action of terrorists against the World Trade Center is shown 1000 times whereas the Seals attack on Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan is shown only couple of times in the television.

Only way we can get back to Sathya Yuga is to put in effort to remove our Karma in every life that is given to us and do all our actions with no expectation of results so that we do not accumulate Karma. Only way Sathya Yuga can come is either by everyone go back to the monotonous Sathya Yuga by altering their mind and drop their desires and attachments or by all Karma being destroyed by the Universal Absolute.

Viswa

P.S. Sathya Yuga will return only when we do not have to go 50-100-200-1000-5000 years to quote people who lived with righteousness. It should be anyone including me, my family, my neighbor, my relatives, my friends, any stranger on the street.

3. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    If you consider that the first four Avatars of Vishnu took place in Satya Yuga, viz. Matsya, Kurma, Varaha ans Narasimha Avatars, then we might get an idea of the strong policing that the Lord had to do to ensure a high degree of righteousness. In Kaliyuga when righteousness is literally an unknown human trait, the Lord is just keeping away for things to come to such a pass that He can strike with His last Avatar. The Yuga Cycle has been structured only to go forward and not backward. No amount of correction of all our collective wrong doing will take us back to Saya Yuga. Every Yuga is irretractable.

Kaliyuga has to end with the total annihilation of all living beings. Then the Cycle will start all over again.
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear mikku
    Why would you be running out of them soon? And what would you be running out of?
    If you mean my posts, they will never get exhausted as long as you are willing to read what I write. And if you mean all the news that keep 'breaking out' in TV channels, it is just another manifestation of Kaliyuga. They will only increase in number and intensity!
    Sri