1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blame it on Kali Yuga!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Rajmi
    Paadhai maari poravangala nalla vazhikku kondu varathan ivvalo paadu padaren!
    Sri

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Paati Mandram, ha ha ha. Waiting to see you as the Naduvar for it.

Intha natkalil ellam ellarum ella vishayathayum nalla ennathil eduthukarathillai. They just dont stop with reading between the lines. They read between the words and more so between the letters. So we have to be so careful in writing or talking.

3. Cheeniya

Dear TDU
    As I keep reading more and more of Yugas and their implications, I can't help marvelling at the sagacity of our ancient sages who could unravel such Divine Mysteries. Even some of the modern scientists tend to agree with the age of the earth as arrived at by the Yuga theory after applying some latest atomic theory!
    I too believe in Sambavamey Yuge Yuge. The devout Budhists believe that Lord Budha is the ninth incarnation. According to them, Balarama and Krishna are to be clubbed as a single Avatar of dual existence in Dvapara Yuga
    Sri

4. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

From today onwards, I have started following your words.... I have stopped being Honest and started telling lies.... Yesterday, one sweet sales rep came to my office... While casually speaking, she asked whether are you married... Then I remembered your reply... I said I should start practicing... So immediately, I smiled and told her that I am not yet married... Then her whole approach changed... She was all smiles & blushing.... Hahahahahaha... Finally, she went off saying, You are so sweet.... Hahahaha.... In this I forgot to send a report to my Gr.VPF... He called me and asked what happened... I told him, I sent it long back, you didnt get it... I will send it again.... and then sent it.. Hahahaha...

I never thought, you will change me soooo fast.... Hahahahaha great.....

THANKS GURUJI !!!!!!!!

5. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chithra ,
    Kozha kozha vendaikkaa karrikku azhagaa 'gluants de bindi'nnu sir peru vechadhu rombave kindaldhaan - aanaa adhukkaaga 'french connection ' adhu idhunnu ezhudhiyirukkaradhu 2 much ...kooda illa ...100 much ! Paavam sir ! :-( Iyyo edhukkum kedayatha eduthu vechukkaren - tharkaappukku !
    Affly ,
    Indhu .

Last edited: Nov 6, 2007
  6. Cheeniya

There is an advertisement of Lia agarbathi doing the rounds now in TV. In that ad, the young son is playing on the Sitar deeply engrossed in its mellifluous sounds. In the background, the spiralling smoke from a Lia agarbathi fills the room with Divine fragrance. The father enters the room and asks the son if he would like to have a brand new motorbike. Son says no. The father then ups his offer to a brand new car and the son's answer is again NO. The exasperated son tells his father that all he is interested in is to serve Vidya Saraswathi. The father then asks the son with a wink, 'Yaaruda andha Vidhya?' (Who is that Vidhya?) The son gives his father a nasty look and leaves the room!
    Why I have cited the example of this ad is to show that elders have a one track mind even when the youngsters want to be good! Imputing a naughty interpretation of The French Connection is a clear manifestation of that one track mind! The French have some outstanding attributes to remember them by but for us... Hmmmm!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear Indhu
    That reference to the film 'Oh God!' is very appropriate. I just loved that movie but the basic thing that attracted me in that movie is the fact that God comes as a nondescript old man and no one notices Him! For people like us who visualise God as glitteringly attired and bejewelled as some kind of a mobile GR Thanga Maaligai, when He puts up His appearance just as one of us, we just fail to notice Him. Who knows? He may have travelled with us in one of our numerous journies and we would have missed seeing Him.
    Sri

8. Cheeniya

Dear Rajmi
    This happens because many people find what is between the lines more interesting that the contents of the written lines!
    sri

9. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    Someone once said that there would always be takers for a bad advice but not a single one for a good advice! You have proved it again! Now I have to face the wrath of Shanthi. But Veda, even if someone gives you a bad advice, you must use it for a good cause.
    Secondly I do not know if you have a strong memory. If you dont have, you will be a bad liar. So make sure that you remember till eternity what you told your VP and that sales girl. My suggestion is that you quit being a liar and taxing your memory!
    Sri

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I tried to pull a fast one..... But somewhere miserably failed.... I think I am a very bad Liar... and my consenti.... is not allowing me to.... You very perfectly trapped me...

I was seriously trying to contest for that PA position.... I think, it keeps eluding me... But I will still keep trying....:spin:spin...

So, Guruji.... is Guruji.... I still have a long way to go.... learning....