1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blame it on Kali Yuga!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chithra
    Thanks a million for your fabulous addenda and it has made the lead post a lot more meaningful. While there may be some dispute about the exact stage that we are in now, no one can deny that this is a period of moral degradation. The stage is getting set for the Kalki Avatar though we have a long way to go. According to the Vedic scriptures, we are now in the first day of the second half of the life of Brahma (even he gets old, and he is now 50). Within this day of Brahma, we are in the seventh manvantara (of Vaivasvata Manu), in the 28th turnover of its 71 yuga cycles.
    While on the subject, I can not share your optimism that the worst of Kali Yuga is over though I do not want to paint a very dismal picture here and spoil the cheerfulness of the ILites. Suffice it to say that we are doing everything to make the Kalki Avatar and the Mahapralaya inevitable! If it doesnt happen, the cycle wont be complete and the advent of Krita Yuga or the Satya Yuga in the new cycle will get delayed.
    Sri

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Wow Cheeniya sir.....

You seem to have the touch of gold! You started off on Kali Yuga and who would have imagined the treasure that poured into this thread...thanks to Vidya, Chitvish and Anandchitra and others!
    This thread has turned out to be one of the finest in the recent times:)
    Learnt and learning all about our Yuga...and am feeling quite glum and content for all my shortcomings.....blame it on Kaliyuga ...:)))

L, Kamla

3. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    That's a good one that in Kali Yuga we don't have to strive hard to become an Asura! As a matter of fact, asuras and rakshasas are getting deified presently! It has become even an endearing word as in the song, 'Azhagana Rakshasiye!'.
    To tell you the truth, in the final episodes of B.R.Chopra's mega tele serial Mahabharat, the miserable plight of Duryodhana even filled us with pity. Youngsters were even remarking that with Krishna on their side, the Pandavas were not playing a fair game! Considering that the Kurukshetra War virtually signalled the end of Dvapara Yuga and the advent of Kali Yuga, the Lord just gave us a curtain raiser for Kali Yuga and to tell us what to expect!
    I'm sorry that I have to decline your request for my PA's post! You appear to be too honest and conscientious to do justice to that august post!
    Dont worry about two opposing parties joining together. Not all conjunctions of planets are bad. Some can be extremely beneficial too!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Kamla
    If you blame Kali Yuga for your shortcomings, long live Kali Yuga! What we need in IL is more Kamlas with their shortcomings to make our dull lives absolutely warm and delightful!
    You are right about the valuable FBs which are pouring in from Vidya, AC, Chithra and everyone else. I am truly grateful to them for making what would have been otherwise a dull post into an excitingly informative one!
    Entharo mahanubhavulu antiriki vandanamu!
    Sri

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

dear cheeniya sir
    what great posts and replies. Surely shows me how great you are. I am going to request you to explain to me your lines ..." but there may be occasions when you find yourself unable to exercise that freedom for reasons beyond your control"....
    I really dont understand how anything can be beyond your control. The situation of duryodhana is not enough to clarify your point so please if you dont mind give a real life situation to explain. Sorry to trouble.

6. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir
    kulla potta ammani peseren
    enna samee neeru
    unnave nambhi potten kulla
    vunnu andha amma chuli pottanga
    neevu kamanu irundha eppadi
    andha ammavukkum cherthu
    bisi nessu classunu edho
    chuli pottangeela
    adhua oru seat reserve
    pannunga andha amma
    thulai thanga mudiyalai
    (oho andhan reserve panna
    ivvalvu thayakamma????)
    chari chari nan kamnu kiteken:biggrin2:

7. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    How often we are made to do things against our own conscience and we do them for the sake of our dear ones! We are made to compromise on our principles. We do things knowing fully well that they are wrong. In all these matters, we have the choice or right to say no but we do not exercise that choice because such a choice would hurt someone close to us.
    We may be dead against bribing but we may still bribe someone to get our son or daughter admitted to some professional course. The question of compromise comes when we are not able to exercise our right. How many of us would be prepared to lay down our crown because of our commitment to truth like Harischandra?
    All the occasions when we are forced to compromise on our principles can be termed circumstances beyond our control.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Anbulla kulla Naradhi,

Enge, intha varikalai

andha ammavukkum cherthu
    bisi nessu classunu edho
    chuli pottangeela
    adhua oru seat reserve
    pannunga andha amma
    thulai thanga mudiyalai

padichuttu, antha ayya ithukku enna badil sollararunnu pakkaren !:crazy
    "Wrong"ule ponaruna nadakkara kathaiye vere ! Naan avar kuda business classile vanda, avarukku kasakkumo ?
    Kathinudu irukken, avar badilukku !
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. Cheeniya

Kulla potta ammani
    Andha reservation 60 days
    munnadithan seivangalam.
    Adukku innum romba time irukku
    Appo pathukkalam!

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Kulla Naradhi,
    I think he is used to eating vaza vaza vendaikai curry made with velakkennai - koza koza stuff, just like his reply !
    Love,
    Chithra.