1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Blame it on Kali Yuga!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir Beware Naradhar cap is ON

kali yugam kali yugam
    chuli eyudi kinnu irukka neenga
    naduvile madisanji ennu chuliputaenga
    yaarunga andha madisanji
    andha bhajanai khosti ammavungula
    illa theriyama than ketu putten
    thappuna jaga vangiren sariya:biggrin2:

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri,
    When did you switch over to culture posts ? Shall I copy the same, in my sub-forum also ? You have done such a fine job, that I guarantee you, I will quit gracefully without making more mockery of myself !
    But let me make it clear, you write culture posts with ease, I will fumble if I am asked to write on humour.
    Jokes apart, that this thread is running on a highly intellectual level is my observation. So I will enjoy reading, without poking my nose and getting it "chopped", this being Kali Yuga !
    Sri, did I ever request you to book for me also with you for a berth in the Business Class ? You have thrown a subtle, but clear hint about the company there ?
    Love,
    Chithra.
    I have a right to ramble as well, my friend !

3. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Enjoyed this Rambling post.....and all the information on the yugas! Started wondering on a lot of things......about good and bad and right and wrong!

My daughter always says, everything in this world is preordained, that is her sign in message on her msn messenger etc! And she always blames it on destiny!
    That makes me wonder if we are all not taking and making things easy for ourselves, by resorting to this technique.....blame it on kali yuga....ha ha...good title really!

And enjoyed your banter with Vidhya too! You seem to be getting the best out of Vidhya ......
    i prefer to watch where all this Blaming technique will lead us!;-)

4. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Cheeniya Sir,
    Enjoyed your post.
    as we blame each and every bad things happening to us to 'vidhi' maybe we can switch and blame it on Kali Yuga!

I learnt it somewhere that 5 of the 10 Avatars of Lord Vishnu took place in the Krita Yuga, 2 in the Threta Yuga, 2 in Dwapara Yuga and 1 will be in Kali Yuga, which means 'naan oru thadavai Avataram seidhaal, 5 thadavai pannina maadhiri!
    Why He took 5 in the Krita and He is going to take only 1 in Kali? Nalla maattukku oru soodu--maybe He thought it that way and follows the same in Kali?
    He took 5 to save the Devas and the remaining 5 to save the mankind, is it so?

To be on the lighter side, if you watch the serials or the films, the hero and heroines will be depicted with the all the good qualities of mankind which makes us irritable after sometime and that of the villains--feel sorry for them at the end,as put in my daughter's words 'nowadays villains are cute' even in the children serials.
    May be we should blame this on Kali Yuga for our perception of good and bad qualities!

sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear Cheeniya,

Very true! Business class in the Ark/ Pushpaka Vimanam, will be a monotonous long ride with the good souls. Moi, I will be discovering where Bin Laden hid, how it went with Monice Lewinsky, what really happened in Neverland.

Sriniketan has a valid point.

The Kali Yug offers the easiest path to salvation. I am not sure of precise figures and facts here. I think to attain moksham in Satya Yugam, one had to do yagams and more yagams, in other yugams they had to do yagams, fast, do pilgrimages, live morally. In Kali Yug, we get the same salvation with simple, sincere naamasankeertanam. So, after all, KY is not bad times to be in.

regards
    Vidya

6. Sriniketan

Vidya,
    I accept your point of Namasamkeertanam is the easiest way to salvation in Kali Yugam. Maybe earlier days of kali yugam is the best or what!

sriniketan

7. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sri,

I am not going to delve into the reasons behind this write up. All I can say is that was a great piece of writing. Yes we are living in the "dark ages" now. Gosh , what we go through to protect the innocents from not watching/reading/hearing all the meaningless violence and other senseless acts .

My patti used to say : kaligalathil, kai mela palan" . No accounts with the almighty of purva janma punyam or papam. All accounts are settled in this birth itself. If you sin, you get your just punishments and if you do good, you get your rewards all in this birth itself. Your write up brought out some wonderful responses here.
    Having given my 2 cents, V24, save me a seat or a little space next to you in coach, don't want to miss out on all the fun!!

Vandhana

8. Sriniketan

Vandhana, your patti is right.
    it is said that what you do in this birth, you will get its result in 10years itself. this is Kali Yuga, everything is fast!
    Maybe 'purva janma puniyam or pavam' will continue till it is gone.
    Clear my doubts!

sriniketan

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi sri,

A good topic and a good post. do not want to delve into all those yugas. asuras, I presume were depicted .. to establish to us the simple logic??or truth.. good prevails over evil. and also they had reasons for being potrayed as evil...because but even god's had taken to winning by hook or crook....(that is an topic of controversy)

Today, are we taking the easiest route to blame it on kali yuga..wherever there is mayhem, violence we hear "Kali mutthi pocchi.."

Papam and punyam.. i have my own reservations on that..what looks punyam to you may look papam to me...or the vice versa..again perceptions...

Sri, this topic looks better in the spiritual forum...I have not thought about the berth..the seats...so i am not booking any for me.....because i will get what i deserve..is it what kali is all about?????/

10. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Naradhi Amma, Kulla potta Ammani,
    I just saw this post !:mad:
    Epponga neenga katchi marineenga ?
    Ennai side pannamal, jaga vanginal, naan summa viduvennu mattum thappu kanakku podatheenga, ammani !
    Avaru pavam thaniya Business classle ppoganumennu, anuthaapam than, veru enna?
    Nallavangalukku, kalame illai ! :thumbsdown
    Ennodu favourite subject achennu summa vidaren, solli potten, aama !
    Love,
    Chithra.