1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Black Tulips: The Dark hour

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Khushi78, Aug 19, 2015.

1. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Re: Black Tulips: The Dark hour -Episode 1

Super Khushi...well narrated.
    Waiting for the next post

2. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

Thanks Shashiv ...here come the last episode.

3. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

Re: Black Tulips: The Dark hour -The End....

Six years later……

“Mommy”, Inisha came running as the door opened and hugged her. It was their regular routine when Indira returned from office.
    How was your day sweetheart? Asked Indira. “Good Mumma I played with my Barbie’s and had my food and saw only little TV”.
    “I did not trouble Anniema”
    Annie amma used to take care of Inisha when Indira was at work. Annie amma left to return next day morning after hugging Inisha.
    Mom n daughter played and ate and Indira put Inisha to sleep. Indira used to lovingly see Inishas face before she slept. Same piercing eyes and same cute smile.
    As Indira closed her eyes, Indira went back to the last day of the event when the whole convoy was leaving the guest house.

Indira woke up to an empty room but she could feel she had slept like she had never slept in so many years. As she got up something touched her feet. It was his white linen shirt. She lifted it and could feel his scent from it. She held it close to her. She had a strange feeling of happiness and was elated. In the shower when Indira closed her eyes, the water droplets tricked down her face and she could hear a murmur of his voice but he was nowhere.

When they all were ready to leave, Harsh was nowhere to be seen. Indira was not regretful of what happened last night but there were a lot of questions that were unanswered.

As usual Indira started coming for work. Indira used to keep looking at her phone for any messages but the coffee message never came.
    Harsh was never seen doing his usual facility management trips to her floor also. With trembling hands she would pick up the phone to call the facility team but she never got an answer back from him.

She gathered the courage one day and asked one of the engineer, can you please send Harsh. I need some installations on my laptop. “Mam, there is no Harsh in the team” Only myself, Venky and Raju.
    But someone named Harsh used to come to our floor for facility management. “No Mam, its only 3 of us from last 2 years”. “I will do it for you”. She could not believe her ears.

After he went she fiddled with her phone to find his message but since it had become old it was not there in the logs anymore. She knew his number by heart though she had never saved it. Indira called up one of her close friends in the telecom sector to find the number and person.

To Indira’s aghast that number was never activated, never by any service provider. The call logs were empty and no message ever went from that number. Indira was clueless.

One day Indiras assistant showed her the photographs of the event. Her eyes were searching only for Harsh but he was nowhere in any pictures. She spotted venky of the facility team and questioned her assistant, how is he here? She said “Mam he only came for the new recruits event that’s why he is there”. The whole world started reeling in front of Indira and she fainted.

Indira was advised complete rest. As she faintly opened her eyes in the hospital and looked out of the window ,she could see a faint image of Harsh waving to her. A smile appeared on her face and she again drifted off to sleep. She did not know who he was, from where he came, whether he existed or not. Indira eyes though never stopped searching him.

Last week Inisha and Indira went to Khandala for a picnic at the company guesthouse. After putting Inisha to sleep post a hectic day of play n mischief, Indira went into the shower. As the droplets trickled down her face he could hear the murmur of his voice again and a smile appeared on her face.
    Today also when she removes his linen shirt from the cupboard and touches it to her bosom she gets the same scent from it. In the Dark Hour of the night they spent together, she had got the best gift of her life.

The End ....

2 people like this.
  4. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

@Khushi78: Good Story.. Expecting a love story from you :) :)
    Eagerly waiting :) You have a matured writing skills :)

5. Khushi78

Khushi78 Silver IL'ite

Thank u :)
    Already one plot is cooking in my mind ....will soon come on paper !! :) i mean IL ;)

1 person likes this.
  6. meerasrini

meerasrini Platinum IL'ite

Eagerly waiting :)

7. katochsimi

katochsimi Gold IL'ite

omg i m so confused...was he just imagination?? or was it in real and disappeared...and was that inisha his daughter ???

8. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

Maybe I'm kind of tube light :) were those texts and calls Indira's imagination? @Khushi78

9. padmaja909

padmaja909 Platinum IL'ite

Very good story @Khushi78 ....but, but.... er.... was he or wasn't he :confused2:
    if he wasn't, who is Inisha?

10. Lathasv

Lathasv IL Hall of Fame

@padmaja909
    same doubt for me too :)
    @Khushi78
    colud you please clarify our's doubt. Is harsh exist or not exist?