1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

black spots in carpet

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by nithya0781, Apr 12, 2010.

1. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,
    Six months back some black spots were seen in the carpet here and there...now it started to spread all over the carpet and i'm very much worried ...what is the reason for those black mystery spots and also please tell me how to clean the carpet :bowdown.
    regards,
    Nithya.

2. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Nithya,

Go with "Resolve - Magic Spot" - Carpet cleaner. I use it then and there when I see any carpet stain and it really gets the stain out like magic.

I don't know the reason for your mysterious black spots though..

3. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Thanks very much for the reply...definitely i'll try and let you know...can you please tell me where i can get the cleaning liquid...costco,foodmaxx,dollar tree are some of the shops near to my house... can i get the liquid in these shops...
    regards,
    nithya.

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

5. OOPALL

OOPALL Silver IL'ite

Hi Nithya,
    Just to be sure, if you can lift a corner of the carpet and see there is no mold present. If there isn't then just use a carpet cleaner. Let us know if they go away.

Thanks,
    OOPALL!

6. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

Do you walk inside the house with footwear that were worn outside?

I have found these black spots on the carpet when we / guests walked inside the house with shoes that were worn outside.

The spots reduced when we trictly avoided that habit.

The spots i had in my house kind of looked like dirty oil drops in the carpet. My guess is that roads and parking lots have traces of gas / oil that could have leaked from cars.

Once in a while it is a good idea to hire some one to wash the carpet or rent rug doctor especially if you have kids.

If you are in an apartment for rent, contact the rental office. They usually give a free carpet wash once a year.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  7. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for the link mstrue....definitely i'll try that and let you know
    regards,
    nithya.

8. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

OOPALL i'll try the carpet cleaner what mstrue have suggested and let you know whether the spot has gone or not...
    regards,
    nithya.

9. nithya0781

nithya0781 Senior IL'ite

Yes Pandian what you said is correct..it is like oil spill only all over the living room,but we don't use shoe or slipper inside the house...we already informed the manager about this spot but they are not ready to clean the carpet.....
    we told the owner about this last week...if they don't clean the carpet means then we'll move out of this apartment...can you please tell me what is rug doctor...
    regards,
    nithya.

10. eandian

eandian IL Hall of Fame

PLs check the link Rent Rug Doctor Carpet Cleaning System

It is a machine just like the vacuum cleaner that you can rent for a day from safe way or Walmart (around 20 dollars). You can use it to wash your carpet by yourself. Very easy to use. It is a very cheap option of cleaning your carpet.

When you rent it, also ask for help to pick up the soap / shampoo solution in the shop. The quantity needed depends on the size of your apartment.

Also it is best to buy a bottle of anti foam solution to be added with the shampoo solution. This is needed to clean most rental units to prevent previous soap resides on carpet from foaming up a lot.

Hope this helps.