1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Black or White

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Dinny, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Sorry niti123 i take my words back.Both of you are lucky to have got each other ;)

2. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

@dinny,
    Thread keeping you busy huh? :)

3. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

No anitap not because i was busy i genuinely think niti's husband deserves a pat on his back for not thinking like the usual guys

4. niti123

niti123 Silver IL'ite

I was just kidding.. I know I am lucky to have him as my DH and I respect him a lot for his character..

1 person likes this.
  5. joynpeace

joynpeace New IL'ite

How can the colour of the skin decide a person's beauty??If a person is truly beautiful,it shows through his actions,his nature. I get distressed when I see so many matrimonial ads where the word'fair' is so distinctive and even the commercials on tv make you look like you are some sort of a loser if you have a dark complexion.Using a fairness cream gets you instant fame n watever they show,it just is crap.You should have confidence in yourself ,a charming personality and no need to bother about people who judge you solely by the way you look.When in doubt,always remember I AM A BEAUTIFUL PERSON and I DESERVE TO BE HAPPY.I am lucky to be alive and enjoying this world and I would live this life happily without letting anybody's opinion affect me.

6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Joynpeace
    Yes those fairness cream ads on TV are atrocious.I still wonder why hasn't anyone given a case against those ads.Worst is when i see men buying these creams."Dark and handsome" is now 'fair and handsome'....utter nonsense.

7. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

A hat is better than a sunscreen, IMO. Many Caucasians are turning away from sunscreen in favour of wide brim hats and fully covered clothing because of the chemicals in sunscreen. It needs to be reapplied every so often if the person sweats or is at a pool. While the trend is by no means wide, it is happening, true as you and I are posting on here.

8. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

To clarify, i talk about Caucasians because they're one of the ethnic groups most likely to get burnt in the sun.

9. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Yaa but the issue here was not sunscreen and complexion ...the issue was discrimination on basis of color of your skin

10. rohinipriya21

rohinipriya21 Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    Let us try to imagine the same situation , or keep ourselves in the shoes of dark gal.What if we are dark and ugly, yet we give a try to put our best foot forward to project ourselves beautiful may be in looks or may be in attitude and passion towards life.
    Dressing wise, we may not chose to go for bold colors for first time meeting.Yet we can wear some sober colors that might suit our complexion.The way we speak alos projects our face and heart in beautiful/fair way.so , i point to towards this to be noted.Now, coming to my son ,wife or daughter in law selection.May be i shall interview her in my perspective, but finally i shall leave this to my son's choice to her selection.. :).....

Thanks
    Rohini.