1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Black or White

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Dinny, Jan 16, 2013.

1. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Sonali Bendre broke my little cute heart to million pieces already. what shd i do now?

2. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Naksh and fencesitter

I think we should start a new thread on all those heroines who got married to foreigners but then Sonali bendre won't fit into that category too. You guys prove it again and again that its looks that really matter :)

1 person likes this.
  3. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

Hi JAG,

Decent PIL???- I think they are wonderful people not just a bland “decent” J

You don’t buy I am “moved”??? Buyer’s remorse? …………….Return it…..get your money back!!!!

Since you anyway want to psycho-analyze me, why not start a thread discussing my “deep rooted anger” and hostility towards the “system” that worked so well for me? I feel this thread is high jacked enough….

Perhaps some of you can come to some consensus on why I would want to justify my life and choices when I have a loving family and friends ……..……seems like a serious issue to me.

I am just joking ok....dont take everything so seriously....Its Friday !!!!

2 people like this.
  4. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Practically looks don't Matter but...for everyone look matter this is the reality...
    If a guy is black dark color he alwz want white color wife so that in future children born with white color...
    If girl is dark parents alwz want to pay more dowery but they want white groom...
    I have seen this thing so many time in society.....in my relatives...even my cousin is whitish but she want bright white husband...haha....accept it this is reality of life.....

5. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Tahsin
    I agree We all live in a very hypocritical society...i had a friend and her daughter is just 4 yr old but you know my friend is already worried about her marriage.yes the reason is her daughter is dark.....

6. sdiva20

sdiva20 Platinum IL'ite

So much issues I have that I need a nice long retail therapy session followed by a spa treatment TODAY - I :thankyou2: but my husband does not:rotfl......Ciao

Let's get that popcorn out all you popcorn lovers......giving you entertainment...:)

1 person likes this.
  7. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Unlike Indian system means what?

8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

FS..u are asking too many kochens...:twisted:

1 person likes this.
  9. Mkyj

Mkyj New IL'ite

Hi Tashsin,
    Very true, Fair guy wants fair girl, dark guy also wants fair girl, what r all the dark girls to do? how pretty she is or how good hearted she is doesnt matter, all that matters is the color of her skin.
    Prejudice, discrimintaion, whatever its called, it sucks. I am dark and though at my parents place, it was never an issue, after marriage, it has been very rough, how do you live happily with a husband and family who think that being dark is worse than having a disease and they have done me a big favour by giving me a life? During my BILs bride search, my MIL made sure to tell everyone to not look for a dark girl like her elder DIL.
    And now my daughter has to face all this too. although, at home, we never entertained such talks regarding skin color, at school some of her friends tease her cause of it (i wonder how young kids can be so rude at times) and when we go back to india, its always my MIL with her talks about how my DD is dark and it will be difficult to get her married off. Incidentally, she isnt concerned about my DS, who looks exactly like my DD. How do i protect my sweet DD from all this, it really breaks my heart when i see her going through this.
    People do have a right to their preferences, when but young kids are affected by it then i feel theres something in our thinking process that needs to get looked at. Can anyone tell me how they helped their kids through this?

10. coolsandy

coolsandy Gold IL'ite

i had seen a few cases :

a college friend of mine, a moderately fair one with a good physique and looks always had a negative opinion about dark/wheatish skinned people. even if she came across a girl of 10 yrs old,who was dark, she wud comment "arey..she is just so dark, who would marry her?" and so on.

Recently I got to see a family pic of her, with her husband a 2 yr old kid; her husband was a dark one; so, people do change their opinion about complexions at some point of their life. Atleast, I though so.

A, male colleague of mine, aged 26, having dark complexion, unmarried insists on looking at proposals only if the prospective bride is fair. ;)

Seen a family in a village where the groom has a dark and bride a fair complexion;What is so special about this? the groom and his family had given "kanyashulkam"(reverse dowry) to the bride's family; and why was that? because they wanted a fair looking wife for their son. :)

No conclusions can be made here. everyone has their own perspective about this topic

1 person likes this.