1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bittersweet moments..

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Glad to hear about your dad, Kamala.

Now you can celebrate :cheersyour mom's birthday and their anniversary too.

Good night.:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hi again,

I found conv 1absolutely hilarious and it felt so much like home (only difference being that here it is me and my dd:biglaugh) and really touched by conv 2. That is the highest compliment kamala ,when children acknowledge that you have been great parents and I am so happy for you.
    I feel bad for M but admire his attitude. That’s the way to be. I am sure he will be a very successful person one day.God Bless!!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kelly
    Thanks much for your fb!
    You son is 13?...that's a difficult age when they think they know everything and mom and dad know nothing! Yep been through that exactly when each of my two sons were 13!
    Despite all arguments we love them and there is a pain that goes thorugh our being when we realize they are not the cuddly babies and huggable tots anymore.
    Yes..me too am a bother many times...actually we take turns!:)
    Even now father and son have gone out shopping...that is one I must write about in my next snippet!
    Love your children no matter what and enjoy them, even the arguments!

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Bhargavi!
    It is indeed a blessing! You are right the second conversation was definitely honey to my ears!
    We haven't yet decided exactly how to help M; the thing is we have to be careful not make him feel we are pitying him. Besides he has not yet asked for help. So hope an opportunity comes up soon!

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Mindi!
    My husband is really good at converstations like this; as he sees the other person getting hotter he'll tell something that makes one laugh lightening the atmosphere!
    Yes it was a proud moment for me becasue I want my children to really understand how much their father has done for them; that was important to me because only then they will be good fathers tomorrow!
    M is a really lovely young man! What I mentioned is but the tip of the iceberg and he really did not have the kind of childhood all children deserve. Like you I am also very positive his future will be bright!

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala mam,

I read both the posts. Very touching. Though I can't understand this feelings as a mom, I had had these feelings as a elder sister when I saw my kid brother grew up and took extra care of me when we go out, when somebody talked with me or when selecting groom for my marriage.

Very touching posts. I loved both! Very charming boys :)

ILT

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My dear Tulip lover!
    Thank you my dear! You are such a sweet person!
    Son, or younger brother I think the same bittersweet moment is experienced by all! Boys(Men) do care except they show it differently and are not voluble about it. My blessings to you and your brother.

8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Ohhhhhhh...That was such a sweet moment. Loved this write-up. It brought a smile on my face :)

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Ice for your feedback!
    Glad you enjoyed it! Love to make you smile:)