1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Bittersweet moments -1

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kkrish, Mar 10, 2011.

1. radsahana

radsahana Silver IL'ite

dear kkrish

i read both the parts and enjoyed it very much.

although my kids are too young, soon i forsee conversations like yours, with them.

sometime i am so scared, how they will grow up as a young person.

But when i read post from person like you, who were staying abroad, and still could inculcate good values and upbringing in their kids, i feel somewhat assured.

wonderful post, keep sharing.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Kamala, I just assumed you had posted twice and missed reading this...till now.

Amazing isn't it!! Thanks for that info.....close but not very yet with in reach!! Everytime I see the shuttle take off, I cry - at the majesty, the might and the belief that we can all look beyond !! Thanks for thinking of me :)

Enough of me, the other things that make go misty is when I read a post like yours. It is so incredible when we see our little one's grow up! The realisation and the want to give the best to his mom can only be felt I guess and you are one lucky mom to have felt that - he not only thinks he knows what his mom wants but wants to go to great lengths to make sure she gets it! How sweet.

Do share more expereinces so that younger moms like us can read and be assured!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

A bittersweet moment indeed! You have narrated it so well Kamala. :thumbsup

My eldest DD, when she was a very little girl, would burst into tears on almost a weekly basis pleading me to not die and leave her. Hmmm....well, okay, sure. I was not planning to anytime soon but then, I always had a tough time convincing her of that. :) She had a lot of separation anxiety at that age and would cling to me a lot. Now with her getting ready to go to college in a couple of years, I am the one going nuts here. And she tells me to stop worrying. 'It is only college Mom. It is not like I have been drafted for War or anything.' says my DD today. Bittersweet indeed! :cry:

4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Mindi! Yes why do they have to grow so fast! I keep asking my kids the same thing!
    My elder son has since that incident gone out to various restaurants to check them out and we've been to a couple of them! Once he wouldn't let me come to his college to vacate his dorm room becasue his room mate had posted pictures of scantily-clad women on the walls! Protecting mom from the"baddies' ...!:)

5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Radsahana
    Thanks much for your FB!
    I agree parenthood is not easy and as the children grow it becomes difficult; mostly here because of the two cultures too!
    Yes we must continue to teach them values and good behaviour! And love them unconditionally!
    I am sure your children will be grow to be fine young adults!

6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Sabitha! I goofed up posting this as two separate threads! I should have replied to my first post and posted the second!
    Anyway...lesson learnt and next tiem I'll be more savvy!

Yes you are right! It is incredible how fast the children grow up. The important advice I give all mothers is "enjoy" every moment with your child! This does not mean we should not correct their mistakes, or spoil them.

Yes we watch for expressions in our children all the time; very soon the topic of marriage is to be broached with my elder son and I am not sure how he is going to respond! Let's see....

I sure will share...and will be glad if it helps...!

7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Meena! did you read the other part also?
    Aww! That was so sweet about your daughter's worry!
    Now separation anxiety is bothering you right! How our roles have changed!
    Leaving them in their dorm is the hardest thing Meena! No matter what other parents say; no matter how much you are mentally prepared; when it comes to that moment - it is hard! The next hardest moment is when you enter into the house...the emptiness! Sorry I didn't mean to discourage you...but that's the truth.
    That certainly is the second bittersweet moment...the first is High School graduation day!

8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

That was such a sweet moment you shared!!

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Ice baby!
    Glad you liked it!