1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Birthdays During Summer Break

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Deepa100, May 4, 2016.

1. Deepa100

Deepa100 Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

My son is in kindergarten this year. His birthday falls on the August 9th.
    Here in Dallas, the summer break is from June 3rd till August 24th and that means he will be having summer holidays during his birthday.

He is really eager to invite some of his classmates and his teacher home for his party on the birthday. I am wondering when to have the party!!!

I am planning on having the party at my home.
    Even if I send out the invites before the school breaks for summer, it will be too early and people will surely forget. Also, there is a high chance that people can set vacation plans as well.

Please give me ideas on when is the best time to celebrate his birthday since this is his first birthday after he started school.

Also, when should i send out the invites?

2. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Unfortunately, summer babies cannot have a big party with their school friends :shakehead:

I would suggest you reach out to parents of his closer circle buddies and inform your bday party plans during summer as a heads-up. Those who don't have travel plans might choose to come. Remind and re-invite them closer to the party once again that way he will have atleast few of his classmates if not all.

To treat his entire classmates and teacher in Kinder, you may want to take some cupcakes and return bags couple of days before school. I know it is way too early, but to keep disappointments a little less for him. It could be like a pre-birthday party ;).

Alternatively, take cupcakes and return bags during the 1st day of school next year for his new teacher and classmates in 1st grade!

Advance B'day wishes to your son.