Birthday Wishes - after your wedding

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by rajmiarun, Apr 20, 2007.

1. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi All,
    Let me first ask you one small question, HOW MANY OF YOU CELEBRATED YOUR BIRTHDAY AFTER YOUR WEDDING AND HOW?

This question raised in my mind when I read an article recently (in Mangayar Malar I think). The article is by a lady who had always wanted to celebrate her Birthday which is on that very day(26th Jan). She in her childhood had always wanted to wear colour dress to school and give choclates to all her friends. So all through her school days she was deprived of that. But still once she planned to wear colour dress on her birthday take choclates to school and share it will all her friends, she fell ill two days before her birthday. Inspite of that she went to school on that day only to find that her school has celebrated the Republic Day the previous day itself and just the hostliers were available. She had to be with them the whole day as her father has left her in school and left to finish his work. Then when her father was transferred to Banglore she was invited for the birthday party of one of her classmates. She was so surprised to see that girl dressed very beautifully(the girl comes shabbily dressed to school) and all that girls relatives sing and dance on her party. She imagines all her relatives singing and dancing with her in the middle which is never possible.

In her college days all her friends managed to get treat on 25th Jan and all those who didnot get the treat were informed and they too got the treat on 27th. After marriage it just went by and no one in her family bothered about it. When her son was in his 7th standard and they lived in Mumbai at that time and on 26th January her son started to school, he was stopped by the landlady and enquired why he is going to school on a holiday? He replied that it is his mother's birthday and they are hoisting the flag and distributing sweets in school(jokingly). But the landlady took some homemade sweets, some fruits and went up and blessed this lady, who was so happily shocked. She felt very happy.

This reminded me of something. Before marriage my parents wish me on my birthday(till they do so and they are the first to wish over the phone). Then I wear the new dress which they have bought. My mom makes payasam and if it is a holiday we all go out and if not for the evening tiffin she makes thayir vadai and apart from that standard sweet for both mine and my mom's is Mysorepak which is our favourite(only if my mom makes). But after marriage Birthday comes and goes though everyone wish. It is not a special occasion as before as I dont feel like making sweets or payasam for my birthday though I make it for my husband's and my kids'.

Expecting loads of feedback from all of you about how you celebrated and how you celebrate and how you wish to do it.

2. Pritirach

Pritirach Silver IL'ite

Re: Birthday Wishes

Hi
    I think i am lucky in this respect.Married for three years and had three birthdays after marriage.I must say these three b'days were great.Before marriage my mother used to prepare something special for birthdays and i had new dressess too.

I too had some issues regarding my birth day.My birthday falls duirng summer vacations.So my dream of distributing choclates in schoolwas never fulfilled:cry:.I never could celebrate my special day in school unlike others.I used to long for the attention others got on ther birthday.

But i celebrated my birthday at home during vacations.Invited friends at home for bday party and Mum used to prepare everything at home for the party.So my day was always a fun and special one.

After marriage my hubby is equally enthusiastic and celebrates it to the T.He is the first to wish me at midnight 12. Orders cake and always have new ideas of celebrating it diffrently.He is crazy for bdays so celebrates all birthday's in family with much enthusiasm.

Infact this year i was not not in a mood for new dress (dont knw y).He forced me to buy one.Scolded me for not buying and finally i got one:2thumbsup:.

So hope this continues life long.
    Priti

3. Tulasi

Tulasi Silver IL'ite

Re: Birthday Wishes

Hey,
    Before marriage I never liked to celebrate birthday b’caz I never liked the attention. It was another Day for me but my sister she always longing to celebrate her birthday wore new cloths and distributed Chocolates in the school.

After marriage I came to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>Usa</st1:place></st1:country-region> within 9 months my birthday came as usual nothing special my husband wished me and everybody from <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> called me to wish. At that time I was going for oracle training since I didn’t have car my husband used to drop me and pick up in the evening on that he came during lunch and he took me to fancy restaurant left...

I thought he went to office but he took half day off from work and went home decorated the house With lot of balloons and flowers. Cooked a big meal then in the evening he picked me up but I didn’t have any clue ...thought he came from work..as soon as I entered the house I was like so surprised.... this was my first birthday after my marriage..from now onwards each year my husband takes me out for dinner gives gifts..its 10<SUP>th</SUP> year we have been married

Last edited: May 12, 2007