1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday party menu

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by lindsaymohan, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi rohini,
    i recently had a party for my son's 1st b'day.the guest list was almost same but with 20 or so kids.we had following
    4 starters-paneer tikka,hara bhara kebab,spicy potatos & veg manchurians
    naan,veg rice,dal makhani,panneer butter,veg koftas & noodles
    icecream & gulab jamun.

the food was left a lot as we had more starters.i wish i had gone with 3 starters & 2 gravy dishes.....

to u i suggest adding one more starters.kids play a lot & need something which they can grab & run away. so starters are great hit with them.

the non vegs will also try the paneer dish but vegs will be left with only one choice so maybe u can add one more dish in main course like mix veg or manchurian with gravy............

pragati

2. rohini

rohini New IL'ite

Hi Pragati,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I changed the starter from Veg Pakora to Veg Spring Rolls, for 2 reasons:
    - kids love spring rolls
    - This starter is more of pieces, so it's easy to order the quantity as to 2 per adult and 1 or 2 per kid.

I also have added Gobi Manchurian to the main item, as per your suggestion. I thought that would go well with Fried Rice and the vegetarians will have a choice of Gobi Manchurian with Fried Rice and Naan with paneer dish.

Also, the manchurian is a little sweetish, that the kids might also like to have may be along with Noodles.

Thanks again for your suggestions. Hope your little one had a great celebration. Belated birthday wishes!

Rgds,
    Rohini