Birthday Party in Chennai - A GUIDE

Discussion in 'Places & Events' started by imemyself, Feb 5, 2008.

1. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Organising Birthday Party - Location In Chennai

Hi,
    My son will be celebrating his 2'nd bday in 3 weeks from now!
    Can anyone suggest a good location in and around Annanagar where I can organise the party!? Just for a max of 50 ppl!

Rgds,
    Jaya

2. sasisenthil

sasisenthil New IL'ite

Re: Organising Birthday Party - Location In Chennai

Hotel Bhimas - Vadapalani is my first suggestion... I am planning to book Bhimas's for my kid's 1st birthday next month.

Sasirekha

3. v2sj

v2sj New IL'ite

Hansel & Gretel Kids Play Centre in T.Nagar is a great place for hosting kids parties. The kids will love the place. Their phone number is 2815 2549.

4. Honeyline

Honeyline New IL'ite

hi

I think Sukh sagar has a hall to organise parties, iam not to sure but worth a try. Good luck and good wishes to your son. bye

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  5. Mythily

Mythily Senior IL'ite

Hi Sasirekha,
    Did u celebrate ur kid's party in the same hotel?Was it good? How much was the cost?

6. vsar

vsar Senior IL'ite

Marrybrown also gives some packages for kids birthday parties. you can try that out.

7. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Birthday Party Organisers

Dear Friends;
    Do you know any birthday party organizers ? I have seen a list of a few which Shanti has shared with us. I tried to contact with Butterfly Birthday Blast(from the list), but it is not very properly answered. If you happen to know any one from your exp. kindly share it with me.
    - Nitha

8. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Re: Birthday Party Organisers

Nitha,

Did you manage to get a good deal? Please share with us...I am hunting for a good deal for my son's 1st birthday...

Radhee.

9. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Dear all,

I am sure everyone would have celebrated their kids' birthdays or would know of someone who had a birthday party in chennai. If you could share with us the details, it would be of immense help. I request you all to share whatever you know, so that this thread turns to be an informative guide to anyone who is looking to organize a birthday party in Chennai.

I would like to know:
    1. Which place did you celebrate? (Name of the place, location).
    2. What was the cost of food and rent for the hall?
    3. What other goodies/freebies did the place give you? (Some places offer invitations and return gifts).
    4. Which party organizer did you engage? What was the charge?
    5. How many games did they conduct? What were the events they conducted? Was it good?
    6. How much did the total cost of the party come to?

Please let us know as much as possible (even little details will help). Thanks for your inputs.

Cheers,
    Radhee.

10. radhee

radhee Bronze IL'ite

Well, here is some info that I gathered...

1. At Benz Park, T.Nagar the cost per head is Rs.420 for non-veg and Rs.380 for veg. Hall is good with separate buffet area.
    2. At Shansi Pearl Park in Koyembedu, the cost her head for non-veg is Rs. 375 and veg Rs. 325. Hall is okay.
    3. Saravanabhavan Annanagar has 2 party halls, one accommodates 120 and the other 60. The 120 hall looks decent, the other one very small. There are 3 standard menus for Rs.195, Rs.230, and Rs. 255. Rent for the hall and other taxes extra.

Decorations cost extra. My friend who celebrated her daughter's birthday at Benz Park said that she paid Rs.8000 totally for decorations and for the event manager. They had 3 games (one each for ladies, gents, and children). Cost of their birthday cake (a fairy) was Rs.3000.

Pizza Corner, Pizza hut, Planet Yumm etc also do birthday parties...The cost per child at Pizza Corner is around Rs. 120. Adults are charged a la carte. But the package includes decoration, a host to conduct games, gift for the birthday baby, and return gifts...Yes that sounds like a lot..but the only dissadvantage is that the party has to be over by 6:30 or 7 PM at which time they open it for the public. It would be ideal if you are planning to call only your child's school friends...Most adults may not be able to attend due to office hours.

Will put in more info as I gather...

Radhee.