1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Birthday gift ideas for 5 year old

Discussion in 'Birthday Party Planning' started by srilak, Jan 16, 2007.

1. mohana

mohana Silver IL'ite

Dear Vandana,

Your gift ideas sounds so sood and useful.

Ami,
    If A.C.Moore shop near to you ,please check there lots of good wooden kits are on sale.

affly,
    mohana.

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Vandhana, you are amazing in all!!!

Thanks so much, thanks a billion etc. are not enough.

What a great ideas you are pouring, hmm...good job anyways...

Have some doubts-abt the science kit, is there any particular brand that you are impressed with?? Similarly, can u be more specific with glass or ceramic kits too??

And, Mohana, thanks a lot..will check this weekend, if there is any Moore shop nearby..

Bye.

3. radhavenkatesh

radhavenkatesh Silver IL'ite

:)

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Y dont u visit her :) the best gift wud be u staying wht her on tht great day take her around and spend a cool day wht her

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Vandhana, you are the best.

Hi Vandhana,

Today, went to Michaels and found sun catcher kit, scrapping kit, dora drawing kits and many more..All are around and less than 5 bucks, like you said. Am really happy that have found some kits which is really useful.

But, could not find or the lady who works there cant understand abt the wooden kit (assemble and paint) there. Looks like, have to take the sample next time when I go there.

Abt the ceramic painting in yr party, can u give me or pm more details??

Thanks for the timely help.

BYe.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Ami,

Here in the Bay area, we have this store chain called Petroglyph. Anyone can go there and create their own stone ware. They host parties for kids.
    Not sure if you have it in NJ! But am sure there must be other stores like this that host parties. Welcome to the Original Ceramic Lounge® Studio

Vandhana

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thank you again.

HI Vandhana,

Unfortunately, could not find anyone from NJ as there is no button called store locator; tried surfing separately in NJ, hmm...no luck. You guys must be very lucky..

But, heard many people in some Michaels, they use to conduct classes; no idea abt the birthday party. Will check..

A couple of favors-if you get link for science kit, pls do post it here and model auto, what is that?? For 2 to 3 yr old kid, was looking there and the lady said that there are nothing in that age group other than the stuffed animal!!

Sorry for the trouble..

Rgds.

7. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

8. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Great, Radha.

Hi Radha,

Checked the site and yes, we too have it in Princeton which is closer to my place. We are staying a few miles away, still, am not aware of it!!!

The site is real interesting for kids as well as me too. Guess that I can arrange for future birthday parties.

Thanks.

9. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Ami,

Check out TEDCO Toys | Gyroscopes and More . I got the ein-o science kits for my Sons birthday good bags. The science kits are for ages 7 and up. They are available here in a party store called Diddams.

About the model Autos, i bought them some couple of years ago and don't remember the names. I will try to see if i can find them again. This was specifically for 4 yrs and up. I know Toys r us has more complicated ones.

Vandhana

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Unbelievable!!!

Hi Vandhana,

Thanks for the info., I immediately visited that site and to my surprise, lots of items are available for less than 5 bucks!!! I wish that there is a magic spell to find out stores like you have told. Anyhow, thanks a lot for sharing and will continue my search...

Bye.