Birth Announcement !!

Discussion in 'Baby Names & Birth Announcements' started by AnithaPartha, Apr 13, 2014.

1. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Hi Ladies,

I'm feeling very happy and excited to announce the birth of my son. I delivered my 2nd baby BOY on 4/10/14 :)

Birth Story:
    On 4/10/14 starting from 5am I was having contractions but I didn't bother on that much as I was getting similar ones for the past 2 weeks. But, I kept getting it starting from 5am till 6am and my hubby started to time out the contractions and they were coming every 6 mins apart but water didn't break. Hubby asked me to get ready but I was still not sure if am going into true labor pain. At 7am, I got up brushed my teeth, and I saw mucous plug with little brownish blood discharge when I wiped through tissue and we started to hospital at 8am. I started getting contractions every 6-8 mins throughout my trip to hospital (40mins travel). When there were no contractions, I was happily chit chatting with my hubby as I was really not sure if I will go into labor that day laugh1smiley.

At 9am, I got admitted in the hospital and nurse asked couple of questions (it went on till 20mins) and she did internal examination and found out that I was 5-6 cm dilated, 100% effaced and baby at station -2 and me & my DH were surprised (I was just 2 cm dilated starting from week 38). Nurse immediately called our OB/GYN and she told us that we're staying in the hospital and she put me on IV's. Slowly, I started getting tensed and more nervous. Then at 11 am I was taken to L & D in a chair and 2-3 nurses started getting the room ready, baby crib, tools required for labor and I was more nervous by seeing all that. Nurse checked my cervix and she told us that I was 8 cm dilated but still my water didn't break. She told us that my dr will come and she'll break my waters if it didn't happen naturally. I was so scared after hearing that.

After a while, I felt a contraction and a kick from baby and I felt that a gush of water coming out (warm) and I informed my nurse that my waters broke. Great, that was also natural.

After water break, I asked nurse for epidural but I was managing everything very nicely and even nurse mentioned that I was able to manage till 8-9 cm dilation without any pain medication. The only reason I took epi was dr mentioned that it is going to be a big baby and I need to push really well. I was not confident if I would be able to do without an epi. But, later I realized that I took the right decision. Epidural procedure was little bit painful and they send my DH outside the L & D.

At 12pm, dr came and checked and told us that am 9.5 cm dilated and I can start to push. Here, you go: The most painful part of my labor was pushing. I started to push my baby at around 12pm and took a lot of extra efforts to push him. I took ice chips often as I got so tired. Along with dr, nurse there were 2 more nursing students came in to see the labor and delivery process. So, totally 4 ladies around me. Every time, I felt like pushing the nursing students helped me to lift my legs, nurse shouted push push and dr gave good directions. Since, my contractions started to delay, dr ordered for pitocin (minimal amount). After pitocin, contractions increased and I started pushing. At 2.06 pm my son made a grand entry.

Everyone were surprised to see the big baby as he was close to 9 lbs and I really had a hard time to push 8 lbs baby as last time I pushed just 4lbs baby (premature) within 30mins. So, this time I made it to full term and normal delivery (my induction was planned on 4/13 but I delivered on 4/10).

His birth wt: 8lbs 6.4 oz
    Length : 20 1/4 inch

We named our baby BOY as Suprathik (Lord Shiva).

Altogether, I totally had a different experience with my 2nd pregnancy & delivery and no wonder why people say every pregnancies and deliveries are different.

My 10 months of pain turned out to a sweet bundle of joy finally :2thumbsup:

21 people like this.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

CONGRATS, Sister Anithapartha, Kisses to LO

Thanks to Sayee for my prayers to Sister Anithapartha's Safe delivery,

THANK YOU SAYEE, SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  3. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot Sai sister for including my name in Sai's prayers.
    I'm really thankful to you...

My baby is under bili lights now and I hope he recovers from it quickly and comes home.

4. usagirl7

usagirl7 Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations!! :) love the name!

did you ever get the epi? I would like to have a natural delivery with no pain meds, but I'm a wimp when it comes to pains.

1 person likes this.
  5. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats dear anitha.. Each delivery is a miracle.. Lots of good wishes and blessings be showered upon your Lo.. Take care of the 1st one too, lots of happiness for your family ..

Gt well and recover soon.. Eat healthy and suitably..

1 person likes this.
  6. GaythriV

GaythriV Platinum IL'ite

Congrats.

May God bless you and the baby.

1 person likes this.
  7. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

congratulations Anithapartha !! Nice name.

Whole situation comes alive with your narration.

May God gives enough strength to recover soon.

1 person likes this.
  8. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Anitha

1 person likes this.
  9. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Congrats anitha...
    I used to read your updates in due date club.
    Happy to read your birthing story.
    Enjoy the mommy days :)

1 person likes this.
  10. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

congrats anitha. hope both of u are doing well.
    great to hear that u went to labor naturally and without epi. im not fan of epi as doc will need to inject on ur spine to numb the lower body. i have heard few bad experiences with epidural as well.
    yesterday i was reading ur thread trying for second baby. and there, u mentioned that u would like to have baby gal this time. it was same for me too, im crazy over baby gals and kind of bit disappointed to know my second baby was boy too during 5th month scan. but we accepted him with full of loves and he is handsomest baby. he looks like lord murugan and we named him shastitharan (call shasti). very naughty and chutty too.
    now we are trying for 3rd baby and love to have baby gal this time as this will be our last baby. hopefully GOD will grant my wish for baby gal.

congrats again. :2thumbsup: have lots of rest.

1 person likes this.